Struggling w/weight loss

Options
Hey guys! I have a wedding coming up in 40 days were I am a bridesmaid. I started working out at the beginning of the year where I experienced great results in loss. I lost about 12 lbs with a starting weight of 180. I took about two mos off from consistent workouts in March and April then returned to the gym weighing 181 and started with a personal trainer. I am gaining weight even though I have followed the personal trainers workout plan and while I see inches off my hips and thighs my stomach appears larger. I am trying to get 10 lbs off by 7/18 with a current weight of 184. Is this attainable?

Replies

• kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    If you're losing inches, why does the number on the scale matter so much? If it bothers you, try eating at more of a calorie deficit.
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Kim and my weight loss journey began two years ago. I was at my heaviest (225) and things were not good. I couldn't keep up with my kids, I was tired all the time, and my doctor told me that my cholesterol was on the rise! I decided something needed to change. I started walking, and eventually doing some weight training. I am down over 70 pounds! I feel so much better, and I love supporting and encouraging people to do the same. I would be happy to be an accountability partner with you. I still have some weight to lose, so we can work at it together! Getting your nutrition under control is a big key to losing weight. I can share what has worked for me if you are interested. If you work hard, I know you can reach your goal! So what do ya say? Are you in?
  • hmw78
    hmw78 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Heather. I love to work out but dont do it daily. I am 50 lbs overweight and though people tell me i look great- i dont feel it. I get tired and lazy quickly and my back hurts almost all day every day. I have been trying to watch my diet and count calories and work out a few times a week but just cant keep the motivation going. My goal is small. I really want to see 10lbs gone soon. I am hoping that reaching out and finding others that need the motivation also that i will find the motivation also.
  • WallsA123
    WallsA123 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Op,

If you are losing inches maybe you are adding muscle? Adding muscle is a good thing! As far as your stomach looking bigger.... eat yogurt or a probiotic capsule. I swear by it helping with bloating in my own personal exp. Make sure it is a plain yogurt with no added sugars. I really like the plain Chobani Greek yogurt.

Don't give up, stick to the trainer's plan. 12lbs might not come off but I bet some will.
  • Autumngolds
    Autumngolds Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Your stomach might appear larger if you're losing weight around your hips. It's happened to me - weight just comes off different places at different speeds and stages. It's common to put on weight when you're on an exercise program. It could be that you're building muscle, which is great; if you lost lots of weight but no muscle, you'd probably be less happy with your appearance even when you reach the weight you want. It can give the impression of still being slightly overweight. I'm not sure whether it's possible to lose the 10 Ibs. It depends on your height as well as your weight, and on how many calories you're consuming each day. But it sounds like you're working in the right direction. :) If you're losing inches, forget about your weight for the time being and just keep going. You're making a huge difference, and if there's any area like your stomach that still bothers you by the time of the wedding, you can probably cover it up.
  • nezbit88
    nezbit88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If you're losing inches, why does the number on the scale matter so much? If it bothers you, try eating at more of a calorie deficit.

Exactly - cut back on calories. You may have gained muscle mass to explain weight - however if you are striving to lose pounds/kg/pounds than watch your calories. I lost roughly 6kg/13 pounds/1 stone from starting at 55kg (around 120 lbs) in three weeks just by paying attention .