If i am set to have 1300 calories per day then....

Options
What would you recommend me to have for breakfast that are under 150 calories, also what snacks should i have?

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    My question would be why is an 18 year old male eating 1300 calories?
  • PunkyDucky
    PunkyDucky Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Eggs..or with toast?
    (Really) small bowl of cereal with non fat milk
    Single Oatmeal packages
    Yogurt and fruit

Possibilities are endless..just gotta pick what you like and modify it to fit your caloric needs.

Good Luck
  • PunkyDucky
    PunkyDucky Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My question would be why is an 18 year old male eating 1300 calories?

Oh sweet baby jesus..thought it was a woman asking this.

Pitiful :yawn:
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    18 year old male needing to lose 18 lbs should not be eating 1300 calories a day.

Log your food accurately and honestly. Go for 80% good choices the other 20% don't worry so much about. I eat lots of delicious food and have consistently lost. Keep it simple find a REASONABLE deficit: Most people do not need to eat 1200 calories to lose.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide?hl=logging+step+guide

Find an activity you enjoy doing - I found I love to ride my bike and lift heavy stuff :)

Here are 2 more threads that will help take the time to read them:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • stickersticker
    stickersticker Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid of food.

Eat more carbs at breakfast. Perhaps have a larger breakfast than lunch and snack around 2:45 if you're a student. A snack being something light with low carbs or the right carbs like banana over chocolate cookie.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    150 calories well I can breath that..... you do not need to starve yourself follow the links above and do it sensibly.
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Um, well...

You could eat two eggs I guess. That's about 140 calories.
  • segovm
    segovm Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Yeah to lose 18 pounds you probably don't want to try and drop calories down that low. You'll loses weight of course, but that's a pretty big caloric restriction (and thus nutrient restriction) for such a small amount of weight in someone so young.

As far as food, I would never try for a 150 calorie "meal" because that's just not enough calories to fill most people up. I go for 300'ish calories in most of my stuff and end up not being hungry most of the time. Even if you went down to 1500 calories a day you could still eat five meals a day at 300 calories so there's lots of food getting in you.

I just do a big lean serving of meat (turkey or chicken) and a big bowl of veggies. The only trick to it is not getting caught up in all the sides and sauces. I do a little BBQ sauce and some pepper and that's about it. No bread, no butter, no mayonnaise and that works for me.

Plus, with just a few pounds to lose as a young guy, you might want to think about shifting focus from losing weight to adding some muscle. Adding muscle tends to reshape the body pretty well and will eventually help with sustaining a healthy lean body without as much focus on dropping pounds.

Whatever you do, good luck!
  • burton1823
    Options
    Am 15 tbh and i want to lose some weight @jwhited71
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Sparkteens.com is for you.