A Word of Thanks to All of You!

Options
starbucktigh
starbucktigh Posts: 170 Member
The past 2 days were rough, as I learned Thursday morning about a death in my family. Both days I had to fight the urge to comfort myself with food. But I kept thinking about all the before and after stories I've seen on the forums here, which helps me not fall into that trap. Instead, I took my dog on extra long walks, and I was more focused at work, I knocked out projects and being productive. Yesterday, I also spent some time gardening and getting rid of some stuff on the lawn that I've been meaning to take care of. Thank you to everyone who has shared your success stories because it really helped me channel my urge to comfort myself temporarily with food, that would've only made me more upset had the scale not moved this weekend, and helping me direct my sadness toward something more positive .

Replies

• saraj9999
    saraj9999 Posts: 18
    Options
    So sorry for your loss, but SO proud of you for not turning to food to find comfort. That is what this is all about - this time of growth that we have chosen. We are learning to give ourselves the coping skills we never had. Keep up the good work. You can do it!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss, but SO proud of you for not turning to food to find comfort. That is what this is all about - this time of growth that we have chosen. We are learning to give ourselves the coping skills we never had. Keep up the good work. You can do it!

Yes, this.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options

Yes, this.

+1
    Such a sad time for you - it would have been easy to turn to food and I am pleased for you that you haven't. It is such a poor comfort really as, in the end it makes you feel worse. Activity is so much better at helping us lift our mood and keep a positive outlook. x
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options

This^^^
  • TminusFitnessN321
    TminusFitnessN321 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You just proved how strong you really are.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss, hang in there.
  • starbucktigh
    starbucktigh Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It was really tough, I just kept thinking of incredible specific snacks or starbucks beverages I should indulge in, and it was distracting. So as the cravings hit, I logged on here and clicked through success stories until it passed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!