Best Run App?

Options
MapMyRun won't install on my phone for whatever reason. Runtastic is what I'm currently using and it consistently shorts my runs - has my start like a quarter of a mile into my run (so the pace, mph, time and calories are inaccurate).

So, recommendations?

Replies

• chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I use Nike Run. It's pretty accurate and I can control my music through the same app without having to switch back and forth.
  • karinmelanie
    Options
    I use Nike Plus running.

It's easy to use and the GPS is accurate. I also like the individual training plans.
  • fallingtrees
    fallingtrees Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Try Map My Fitness. It's pretty much the same as Map My Run. Maybe it'll run for you. I use it. (Well, I should use it...)

I will have to look at Nike Run, if it does music, too...
  • 280tofit2014
    Options
    I use Zombie Run and nike run. It's amazingly fun and tracks you and connects with nike run. :)
  • fallingtrees
    fallingtrees Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Are you outrunning the zombies so far?
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of the Zombie Run one. I'll have to check it out!
  • cdvita
    cdvita Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use RunKeeper, it used to shorten mu walks as well, but Noe I entered MY Routes, I hope it helps.
  • InFitRealm
    InFitRealm Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I use Sports Tracker. This one is accurate in measuring your distance and pace. Also GPS works better than in RunKeeper. I usually run in woods or outside the built-up area and ST is able to find my path. RK frequently lost GPS signal or couldn't catch it at all.
  • cwrig
    cwrig Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I use Endomondo.

But you will find that no phone app will be 100% accurate for distances. Many reviewers have tested various running trackers on phones against known course distances and none of them are perfectly accurate.

But; they are certainly useful anyway. For shorter distances they are very close. For marathon distances they can end up being off by a whole mile. But they are still very helpful in looking at general pace and trend information, and watching progress over time. Very Helpful.

Reviewers have found that dedicated GPS watches tend to be more accurate than phone GPS's; if you are looking for a more accurate tool. The Garmin 220 seems to be the most popular running watch.
  • cwrig
    cwrig Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    MapMyRun won't install on my phone for whatever reason. Runtastic is what I'm currently using and it consistently shorts my runs - has my start like a quarter of a mile into my run (so the pace, mph, time and calories are inaccurate).

"has my start like a quarter of a mile into my run "

I just noticed this line. If the start point is off, maybe your phone had not located teh GPS satellites before you started. Depending on your phone setup, your phone may turn on your GPS only when you start the running app. There should be an indicator on the running app that says when it has locked on to the GPS satellites. Make sure it does this before you start running. It can sometimes take a phone up to a minute to find the satellites.
  • segovm
    segovm Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I use Endomondo for my bike rides but it has run tracking in there too. Updates MFP just fine and so far seems to track the distance just dandy.

It could very well be a GPS deal on your phone as someone else mentioned. Might help to make sure you have a GPS signal before you start regardless of app used.