Anyone else had Bariatric Surgery? Need friends for support

Options
Hi, I just recently had bariatric gastric sleeve surgery. I'm looking for others on here that have also had any kind of bariatric surgery as support and motivation. My surgery was on June 11th, 2014, so I'm only about a week out. Already I've lost 16 pounds since surgery day, and 24 pounds since first visiting the bariatric surgeon. This has been a tough but rewarding journey so far, and I'd like some new friends to help me keep going!

Bev

Replies

• murphyraven
    murphyraven Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi beverlyann172,

There are several active bariatric groups on MFP. If you would like to read the forums made specifically for WLS, go to groups and search for VSG. Hope to see you there. :)
  • beverlyann1726
    beverlyann1726 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Didn't know there were groups like that on here. See you there too!
  • CelenaLeV
    CelenaLeV Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm Celena and I had the sleeve done on May 28th ...I have lost 32 lbs. so far and would love some support also...I haven't been on here in like 30 months so my weight loss doesn't match what it is today as I had gained more before I had surgery.
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I will be having Bypass in December. I will check the groups.
  • TracyBouse
    Options
    Hey all! I was sleeved 12/5/12. I am down 115 lbs and manage to keep it off through diet and exercise. It isn't easy - those old habits refuse to die. Would love to chat with others who have been though this or are in the process of getting the surgery (or even just thinking about it!)
  • ladypee49
    ladypee49 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I had the surgery 01/06/2014 and down 80 pounds, keep your head up and be strong, if you feel yourself going back just remember why you did what you did to get here, :)