Sandwich Thins

Options
Mygsds
Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
Hello. Do any of you use these..if so do you like them???.

Replies

• KameHameHaaa
    KameHameHaaa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I like them ok. I like a little more oomph to my sandwiches so I typically use stuff like oatnut. But if im running out of calories and craving something I'll use them. Typically i bake them with some hummus on top, or use them as lil mini pizza crusts.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Toss a bunch of meat and cheese on them then broil and top with roasted peppers and a smokey sauce and I am in.
  • Mygsds
    Options
    Why didn't I think of that? Thanks so much..
  • chichi820
    chichi820 Posts: 2
    Options
    I love them! I use Fat Free cheese, Mustard, spinach and a 98% fat free deli meat or carved Chicken....yummy
  • danofthedead1979
    danofthedead1979 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    i started buying these instead of normal bread about 6+ months ago after a recommendation from a friend, have not gone back too normal bread since. i think they taste nicer than normal bread and obvs because theyre smaller they are less cals, im totally used to them now. get them, you wont go back
  • chichi820
    chichi820 Posts: 2
    Options
    I also use them to make Panini's :-)
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I have used them as mini pizzas and they are ok. I prefer to just make a small pizza crust when I can. Or even use naan bread.
  • KameHameHaaa
    KameHameHaaa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I have used them as mini pizzas and they are ok. I prefer to just make a small pizza crust when I can. Or even use naan bread.

Naan is awesome
  • CuteMonkeyGal
    CuteMonkeyGal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I use them for burgers, mini pizzas, or just for a good ol' fashioned sandwich. I've found they sometimes hold up better for burgers if I put them in the toaster first before adding the burger/toppings. :)
  • Mygsds
    Options
    You guys are the best!!!!!!!
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    use them for eVERYTHING! them and bagel thins ... esp the everything ones - and the cinnamon raisin ones too, for the thins i like the flax and fiber.

plus most are 5 g protein , and 5 g fiber.
  • venus_blue
    venus_blue Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I use them once in a while, especially when they are BOGO. Lately though, I've been hooked on Joseph's Mini Whole Grain and Flax Pitas. They only have 50 calories and have a modest but respectable 6 grams of protein each. Never tried them for something like a burger, but I manage to stuff my sausage and egg, cold cuts and even tuna salad in them. They also make a nifty pizza crust if you like it crispy.
  • MonsterSugarBug
    Options
    Nothing to add, just in for ideas, all I've ever used them for was sandwiches, never thought to use them for burgers or pizza crust!
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I love 'em ! Make a great "lighter" sandwich... Both in taste and cals! As the sarnie is such a staple at lunchtime, I welcome the change that these thins give! Other alternatives, like pittas and wraps, don't do it for me!

Like the pizza crust idea! Need something small to stop me eating a whole pizza!
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about those Orowheat thins? The plain multi-grain ones are CRAZY GOOD, especially with a bit of light Mayo or mustard, and sandwiching a piece of light cheese and healthy deli meat!
  • Mygsds
    Options
    Look like my dogs.. Can't stop drooling. Thanks
  • Magic_Chicken
    Magic_Chicken Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I think theyre really tasty :D and also they seem to hold together easier in my lunch bag than a sandwich with regular bread
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I like the ones from Aldi "sandwich skinnies" - we typically make breakfast sandwiches (regular or open faced with a cooked egg, sausage or veggie bacon and a bit of cheese or avocado) or use them for veggie burgers for a quick lunch through the week.

To me they are more of a substitute for how I used to use bagels or hamburger buns, but not really a substitute for bread so much.
  • Mygsds
    Options
    Thanks
  • beachlover83
    beachlover83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Love them! I don't buy buns anymore because of these.