Stopped losing weight??

Options
Ok guys, so I started losing weight after dropping my calories to 1800, then about 3 weeks ago it stopped completely. So I carried on, thinking it was just a one off, but I weighed myself last week, and the scale or tape measure still hasn't moved. So, i dropped my cals down to 1600, and STILL no results... Any ideas? My macros are currently 50/40/10 p/c/f

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Since you've dropped a significant portion of weight, recalculate your goals with MFP and follow the newly set calorie allowance.

From there, you're likely to have some water weight issues after altering the amount you eat for a little while.

Might want to go ahead and invest in a food scale too. Definitely very helpful!
  • NickDoesFitness
    NickDoesFitness Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    my starting weight was 318 lbs, and now my weight is 216 lbs, I'm 5 foot 9, and it's taken me roughly a year to lose the weight.
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Try stepping up your workouts. You should also be getting more than 10% of your calories from fat.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    You may be under estimating some of your food and eating more calories than you think.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1296011-calorie-counting-101
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    I am in the same spot as you :) I was 469 and now 265 and have been in a stall for 3 months. I think exercise is key here not our eating :) I can't imagine eating less than the 1200-1400 calories I do now :) I signed up for crossfit last week and after just 1 week I am down 5 lbs :) I highly suggest getting into a strenuous work out routine to help boost your results :) For me in order to be strenuous I needed someone to help motivate me so I chose to sign up for a class :)
  • zeussmith718
    zeussmith718 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I lose better when I dont eat many carbs. also your diary is empty from wednesday back... are you actually keeping track still?