Protein powders for low carb diet??

Options
I'm looking for a protein powder to add to a post work out or snack shake. I'm doing a high protein/ low carb diet for weight loss and I'm looking for the best powder to use. Carb range should be 0-5gms ideally. And I usually only use half a scoop to a scoop. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Nature's Best Isopure "Zero carb" and "Low Carb" protein powders are high quality, taste good and have the lowest of carbs of any commercially produced protein powders. I like the creamy vanilla flavor a lot. It mixes well with anything to produce great smoothies.
  • supnicole
    supnicole Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Isopure is expensive and not worth the extra price. I've been eating a ketogenic diet for about 6 months (5% calories from carbs) and use Cellucor whey protein without a problem. Optimum Nutrition is a good brand as well.
  • omnisis
    omnisis Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    "Best" according to what criteria? Taste? Net carbs? Fat grams? I have used several over the years but keep coming back to Optimum Nutrition, Designer Whey and IsoPure. I feel like the price/quality ratio is good with any of those brands. Generally I keep a chocolate one around for making "sweet tooth" type concoctions (Choco Protein + Pnut Butter = Heaven) and a vanilla one for adding to "nomal" recipes like smoothies, pancakes and the like.
  • kaiodedra123
    kaiodedra123 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I use USN pure protein igf-1. 200kal, 40g protein, 2g carb pure scoop. Cheap too :)

(not a wizard with sups as ive only stuck to the brand USN
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Smoothie King's Gladiator powder has about 23g protein and only 1 or 2g carbs per serving.
  • monolith66
    monolith66 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Most if not all whey protein powders are in the 2 to 5 gram range in terms of carbs (per scoop). I use Optimum Nutrition, well priced, mixes easily and absorbs well in my system.