How do I deal with the after effects of a work out?

Options
2»

Replies

• wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be so tired after short workouts. When you walk try having your child in a stroller so you can go faster. I'd start with just walking since you seem to have trouble with anything else. Could it be a mental thing? If your dr gives you the ok just go it he on and try to keep active and busy.
  • Madelinec117
    Madelinec117 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Since you have low blood pressure, you might need to walk at a moderate pace until you heart rate and blood pressure returns to normal to keep it from dropping lower than normal right after you finish exercising. Just 5 minutes of walking will return you heart rate and blood pressure closer to normal while hopefully avoiding big dip right after.
  • ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    When I started doing 30 Day Shred it about killed me. I began doing it in the evening when the kids were in bed. Then I recovered while I slept. (don't know if that was right or wrong, but it's when I had time!)

I tried it one morning and I was so CRANKY all day because my body was tired!

But now, suddenly, I can do a session in the morning and not feel tired and sore afterward.....

So, maybe play around with your timing until you get stronger????
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Blood sugar.

Try eating something small right away; a banana or half a sandwich, and then 1/2 an hour later eating more carbs and some protein. Also try hydrating more.

Check your blood pressure too. Your BP could be too low!