question for woman over 40

Not sure where to post this…….has anyone ever been called back after a mammogram due to an abnormal finding? I have to go back next week for another one. I googled weight loss and mammograms.
I found a lot of posts about this subject and change in density with weight loss or weight gain.
I am 50 and have no history of breast CA. I have lost 30 lbs in 9 months.
I'm just nervous about this. If anyone has any info it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    I have and biopsies ultimately showed that it was benign. Ditto for a friend. Fingers crossed for you.
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Yup. I was lucky, I didn't need a biopsy. They just did a second, more intense mammogram and apparently could tell that I had nothing to worry about. A colleague of mine who had breast cancer told me that a large number of women have things show up on the mammogram and it's nothing. I know what it's like to worry, though. Thinking good thoughts for you.
  • joyfulnana21
    joyfulnana21 Posts: 3 Member
    I had a biopsie tuned out to be a small bnign cyst which I had removed so far all my mammograms have been normal sense
  • KarenB927
    KarenB927 Posts: 94 Member
    I had to have a mammogram, a deep tissue mammogram, AND a sonogram for them to tell me I had a cyst. because I have dense breast tissue apparently.
  • Tlink34
    Tlink34 Posts: 29 Member
    I've been called back on both the mammas I've had only for them to say..oh its nothing.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Yes I have and had 1 biopsy as well. So far all benign
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    The first time I had a mammogram, they immediately had a sonogram (sp?) done, but it was nothing, I just have dense breast tissue. Which apparently runs in my family (thanks mom). The next time (which was the last time), the lady doing the sonogram told me to expect a call to come back, based on what she was seeing, but I never did get a phone call.
  • I have had 3 mamo's done, and had call backs for each one. First 2 required sonagrams, most recent (2 weeks ago) they were able to clear my mamo with additional views.

Best wishes to you!
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    The first time I had a mammogram, they immediately had a sonogram (sp?) done, but it was nothing, I just have dense breast tissue. Which apparently runs in my family (thanks mom). The next time (which was the last time), the lady doing the sonogram told me to expect a call to come back, based on what she was seeing, but I never did get a phone call.
    i would call and follow up
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    My mom has. Several times. Each time it's nothing. Some women just have breasts that enjoy confuzzling X-Ray techs.
  • joyfulnana21
    joyfulnana21 Posts: 3 Member
    Yes I had a biopsy it was benign just a cyst that was removed was so scary but what a releife when I found out it was just a simple cyst haven't had anymore abnormal readings that was 2009