Advise anyone....

Options
Greetings, I am a 41 year old mother of 5 and grandmother of 1. Losing weight has always been a battle for me but this time seems to be the worst ever in my life. My goal is to lose 20 pounds. I started working out regularly again and closely watching what I eat on 1 January. I have been exercising everyday Mon-Friday, watching what I eat, and following the MFP calories and nutritional guidlines but so far nothing. Actually, I lost a pound then turned around the next day and gained it back and then some. I eat about 1200-1400 calories a day (depending on how much extra I earn from exercising) and I burn at least 300 a day from my workouts. I have read many other peoples posts and see weight loss from 4-12 pounds in the same time frame as I have been trying to lose. Can anyone give me any advise on what I can do? Staying motivated is becoming extremely difficult when you work so hard and see absolutly zero results.

Thanx

Replies

• foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Open up your diary for people to see what you're eating.
  • bjmk19047
    bjmk19047 Posts: 123
    Options
    When I joined WW a couple of years ago I actually GAINED 2 lbs. after dieting for 2 weeks. I was totally disgusted. The WW leader said it was probably water weight due to my cycle...I don't know if it was or not, all I know is I didn't go back.

I am just trying to eat healthier and keep exercising...it seems to be working. I don't track my weight very well but last weekend when I put on my jeans, I had to cinch my belt in another notch. :smile: Just keep working at it and trying. Set small goals every day, even if they are "I will NOT eat that piece of chocolate today." It WILL work!
  • charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Something simple but actually helps. Try upping your exercise to burn an extra 50 cals per workout and drink tonnes of water. Everyone is different but if you can drink eight glasses of water at a minimum per day (not including coffee, tea or other beverages) it should help.

Good luck!
    Char
  • Allison128
    Allison128 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? How much do you weigh now?? Did you use the recommended settingings??? It think if youset your calories too low you can put your self into startvation mode.

Don't worry.. you WILL see results. Its not going be instant. You'll see slow changes and slow losses... thats the HEALTHY way!

Don't gie up yet... MFP really does work! Hang in there.