Ladies, do you weigh during menses?

Options
Honestly, we know we are retaining water, so should we weigh during our period or just skip it and wait until our next "weigh in" day?

Replies

• materstater
    materstater Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I do but I bounce back in forth between weight that week so could be discouraging! :sad:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every single day.
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I am with lina I weigh everyday, but I log in my weigh-ins every friday. So even this week with TOM here I will weigh in...might be suprised. Last month on my week of TOM I lost 2.6 lbs so you never know.
  • ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I weigh in weekly no matter what. If I didn't during that time, I'm afraid I would chow down while thinking I have time to "make it up." Bad way to think about healthy eating, which I am working on, but I know myself. I'd rather see a slightly higher number that I know will change the next week than wait two weeks and see a "real" higher number.
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, but honestly, since I've started eating better, I don't really retain any water when I'm on my period. Could it be an old wive's tale? I know I used to crave chips and other salty foods a few days before - which could have been the reason for the water retention.
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Right that is how I feel, I treat it as a "free week" cause I know the scale will be higher that week and the next Friday I will see double gone...hee hee, the mind games I play.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I NEVER weigh in during PMS or menstruation...I know damn well I'm going to gain 10lbs. In my head I know it's only water weight and that it will be gone at the end of my cycle, but in my heart it upsets me. I don't measure either. I'm bloated and cranky, I don't want to make it worse by having bad measurements lol
  • worldtravelista
    worldtravelista Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yup, I weigh in and record my data every day. Especially during "this" time... I like to understand more what the heck my body is doing.

I keep following the same diet plan and workout regime that I'm on.... I believe it is all about consistency.
  • o2blori
    o2blori Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm on my period this week and have still lost 4 lbs. It gives me motivation either way.
  • manleyzoo
    manleyzoo Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday. Agree with modernfemme, I don't see a gain during that week. If you don't you might have more of a chance to get off track.
  • Jamiebee24
    Jamiebee24 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I have an official weigh in every Monday---but monitor my weight through out the week. If I know TOM is coming...it explains for somethings...but I try to not use it an excuse...Plan accordingly, know when its going to arrive so that you aren't eating mindlessly and are super hydrated! Then TOM will be in and out before you know it with no damage!
  • KcFitCoach
    KcFitCoach Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I look at my weight daily, but for me the week BEFORE that time of the month is crazy. I can go up 3, 4 or 5 lbs. It helps me to look at my weight every day and now I understand not to freak out when this happens as in a week or so it's gone. It's water.
  • Krissi61
    Options
    I do. I get very discouraged by it.
  • marber
    marber Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I weigh a few times a week and know when my weight will fluctuate.

As my weight has gone down the size of the weight fluctuation has as well.

It used to be 2-3kg now it is approx 1kg.