Has loosing the weight made you happy?

Options

Replies

• Healingnutritionsolutions
    Options
    Nope, losing weight has not made me happy. I choose to be happy. I'm glad I'm losing weight, it makes me healthier and feel better. I will never look like my favorite celebrities, or beautiful people. I'm always just going to be me, and I'm happy to be myself. I just want to be the best ME that I can be.
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    It is nice to see and feel the changes. I have a much more positive outlook about myself physically and I would say that does make me happy.
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm.....trick question.

As other posters have mentioned - I'm proud of the fact that I lost weight and have maintained my weight for almost 7 months.

Getting dressed - whether it's just for work or for something special - is a lot more fun and gratifying.

Hearing positive comments is great - just a few days ago my daughter asked me to show her boyfriend my 'guns' - I.e. flex my arms so he could see my muscles LOL!

I still am the same person though - i get angry at ignorant people just like I did before I lost weight. ....I still have the same warped sense of humor..........

Is my life 'better' in any way, shape or form? I'm infinitely healthier than I was before - and that not only makes me happy it gives me peace of mind.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Nope,

I thought if i lost weight I would finally get a boyfriend, be more social and other aspects of my life would change.
    Nothing has changed and i realize its all mental, but it's easier to lose weight than to change how you think.
    I am still locked in my apt and lonely :(
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    Nope,

I thought if i lost weight I would finally get a boyfriend, be more social and other aspects of my life would change.
    Nothing has changed and i realize its all mental, but it's easier to lose weight than to change how you think.
    I am still locked in my apt and lonely :(
    You are right it is mental :) I was the same way at first. I had been a loner for so long with no friends etc. I made a lot of friends online in those years and honestly i started meeting them. I knew they accepted me how I was before etc. the more i met them and they accepted me the more I was able to change the way I felt and was able to go out more meet new people etc. :) It is a hard habit to break but do things like go to a gym, sign up for a dance class anything that involves other people! You will start meeting wonderful people that will help you :)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Everybody does it, thinking if they reach their goal it will change their life for the better. I'm just curious, has the weightloss made you more accepting of your own skin? Does it actually make you happy?

No and no. Until my brain chemistry gets fixed, my life won't be better and like myself and be happy.
  • bullieforme
    Options
    Yes ! Losing weight made me feel happy! The sense of achievement was enormous just like the weight I'd lost ! I was 206lb in January and now weigh 138 lb. I feel more confident and happy then I have done in many years.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    because her breasts size also shrieked. She complains with me about them all the time :/
    tumblr_mlisd2simg1s99m4bo1_500.png
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    because her breasts size also shrieked. She complains with me about them all the time :/

shreiking breasts crack me up...and make me double post -_____-
    what? doesn't that happen to you?

tumblr_mlisd2simg1s99m4bo1_500.png
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Everybody does it, thinking if they reach their goal it will change their life for the better. I'm just curious, has the weightloss made you more accepting of your own skin? Does it actually make you happy?

Having a goal of losing weight was the start for me. It ultimately resulted in me getting fitter and improving my social life with the various activities I now participate in. It has also changed my career somewhat. Frankly, I'm loving life.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    I'm not where I want to be by any means, but no, it hasn't made me happy or more confident. Your brain will need to catch up with you for that; it's a mental game that way.

Nothing you do is going to make you happy if you're not in a place to BE happy.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    In some ways. Mainly because I am more able to do the things I want to now. I feel I have a lot more opportunities. But people shouldn't expect losing weight to magically fix everything in their lives. There are aspects of my life that are unrelated to my weight which have made me unhappy. Losing the weight hasn't had any effect on those.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a huge amount of weight to lose, but what I needed to lose, having gotten into the unhappy state I was in was enough to motivate me. I made a weight goal and reached it in a year. I went really slow.

Yes. I am happier having lost the 25 lb I have been carrying around 25 extra pounds and was not fitting into my thin clothing. While I lost weight I joined a jgym to improve my phisifal shape as well.

I learned about being responsible. I always knew what I was unhappy with when I was going go do it.

I have reset my goal weight to another five pounds dow and I am hoping it will help me get into the athletic category of body fat.

I have been able to reduce my antidepression pill quantity as well as reduce an anxiety medication.
  • Holly_k88
    Holly_k88 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Nope, losing weight has not made me happy. I choose to be happy. I'm glad I'm losing weight, it makes me healthier and feel better. I will never look like my favorite celebrities, or beautiful people. I'm always just going to be me, and I'm happy to be myself. I just want to be the best ME that I can be.

This is more of what I wanted to know, seeing beautiful people on the covers of magazines and thinking I want a body like that - but they are all photoshopped so obviously it will never happen.

But rather getting to goal and finding that you're more accepting of YOU and the body you have regardless of how you thought it was going to turn out.
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    honestly? No, i think i was more confident at my biggest weight, just cause you lose weight doesnt change your mind mentally :(
  • pozili
    pozili Posts: 10
    Options
    Well, yeah, but it has also made me obsessed with food. I had never been too bothered with my weight before I started exercising and eating well, but now that I've lost weight, I dread being a bit chubbier.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Being healthier and fit makes me happy!!!
  • kathrinnbauer
    kathrinnbauer Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I never felt that my body was mine, it always felt wrong and alien. So even if I often forget how big the difference is, I now feel that I have nearly reached the body that I should actually have and that it is healthy and fit and I really really love that feeling. So yes, it made me happy. But I have lost weight before in an unhealthy, obsessive, restrictive, destructive way and I was not happy. Back then it was also motivated by pride. Now I am just glad to be myself physically. And this time I am actually calmer about food and nutrition than before losing weight, while the other times I was too obsessed.
  • marinashakeel
    marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    yeah it does sometimes! i am not sure if i am going to be comfortable in my own skin ever but people have stop commenting on my weight which is like pure happiness to me! so yeah i am happy.. not with my body may be but i do have a peace of mind now!
  • philipfoster76
    philipfoster76 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Heck yes!

I've lost 40lbs as of today and it feels fantastic!

But I think so much of it has to do with where you are mentally when you start this journey.
    I started losing because I was at my heaviest ever and nothing I owned fit anymore. So I refused to buy new clothes and started a new way of eating instead.
    I expected to shed pounds and get into my old clothes.
    I expected to be able to be more active and pursue some of my old hobbies.
    But I didn't expect the weight loss to fix some of my depression or social anxiety issues.

So I've been pretty much on target.
    I'm a few pounds away from a six pack for the first time in 13 years!
    I actually passed up my old clothes, and need to shop for new...this is definitely a positive!
    And I'm back into JiuJitsu, 2 days a week minimum, usually 3 or 4.
    Another little plus...my wife LOVES the new lower fat higher muscle body more than the heavier one I had been carrying around for pretty much all of the time that I've known her.

Depression and social anxiety are still there...still something to work through, but at the same time I am so much more confident knowing that I've conquered this, that the rest of my life is definitely improved!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!