Vegan Chocolate Mousse

Options
loconnor466
loconnor466 Posts: 215 Member
Saw the DreamWhip Mousse, and thought I would share my favorite chocolate mousse recipe lately. I am not vegan, but this is still pretty damn good with some fresh strawberries or rasberries! I do not use Stevia, I substitute a 1/4 cup of either real maple syrup or honey. It is 178 calories with the maple syrup or honey, so less with stevia.

1 large ripe avocado
1/4 cup raw cocoa powder
1/4 cup coconut milk or almond milk
2 tsp stevia (or other natural sweetener)
1 tsp natural vanilla extract
Optional extras: toasted sliced almonds, chia seeds, frozen mixed berries, almond butter, cocoa nibs, coconut oil

Directions:

Purée the avocado until smooth.

Mix together the cocoa powder and milk until combined and add to the avocado.

Stir in the stevia, vanilla extract, and any extra ingredients (toasted almonds add a lovely crunch, and frozen berries give the mousse a great fruity twang!) and mix well.

Transfer the mousse to individual bowls and store in the fridge until ready to eat.

Replies

• NYCGamerGirlx
    NYCGamerGirlx Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Bump! Thanks :smile:
  • angiez93
    angiez93 Posts: 63
    Options
    Bump :) sounds super tasty
  • spersephone
    spersephone Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thanks - I'm afraid I got completely told off for daring to suggest something more like this in the other thread.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness I'm not vegan.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, this sounds so good!!! Certainly will be trying this.

Also, what was the point of this statement? I am seriously curious why, if you didn't care about this recipe, waste your time and energy commenting on how you are glad you don't live a vegan lifestyle? Seriously, good job wasting your time :laugh:
  • Alluminati
    Options

Also, what was the point of this statement? I am seriously curious why, if you didn't care about this recipe, waste your time and energy commenting on how you are glad you don't live a vegan lifestyle? Seriously, good job wasting your time :laugh:
    I'm wasting time? Lol
    Irony
  • ArtGeek22
    Options

I'm wasting time? Lol
    Irony

I didn't waste time. I wanted to know what the point was. I asked a valid question when you just made a pointless statement. So no irony here... I mean, why did you bother commenting if you don't have anything positive to say? Seriously, you even checked back about something you don't care about, lol
  • ArtGeek22
    Options
    Also, loconner466, may I ask where you found this yummy looking recipe? Always on the hunt :happy:
  • Alluminati
    Options

I'm wasting time? Lol
    Irony

I didn't waste time. I wanted to know what the point was. I asked a valid question when you just made a pointless statement. So no irony here... I mean, why did you bother commenting if you don't have anything positive to say? Seriously, you even checked back about something you don't care about, lol
    Why are you so angry? You ok?
  • loconnor466
    loconnor466 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Also, loconner466, may I ask where you found this yummy looking recipe? Always on the hunt :happy:

I got the original recipe from a cousin who is vegan. Most of the time I make this with only avocado, chocolate (i prefer dardk) and some sweetener. Freeze it for a summer treat too!
    I am lucky and open minded enough to try some of her recipes. Even though I am not vegan or even vegetarian, I have really enjoyed learning how to make dishes using less sugar, diary, etc Sorry, no Dream Whip for me. :smile: My daughter is vegetarian so we are always trying new dishes together. A cool cookbook with easy recipes is the Happy Herbivore.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'll try it one day but I'm not going to lie, I'm scared :laugh:
  • holycrapbatgirl
    holycrapbatgirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've never really liked avocado. This looks yummy, but I wanted to know if the avocado flavor is prominent in the mousse?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I've never really liked avocado. This looks yummy, but I wanted to know if the avocado flavor is prominent in the mousse?

You're not supposed to taste it.
  • holycrapbatgirl
    holycrapbatgirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks!