Making Sure I've Got it "Right"... (Activity Level)

Options
saddare
saddare Posts: 32 Member
Hi! I'm not new to dieting, but I *am* relatively new to trying to do it "right." While I've had some success so far with MFP, I want to make sure I'm optimizing my results. I've read numerous posts about making sure you don't underestimate your activity level. I've had mine set to "Lightly Active" -- I work as a baggage handler for a major airline (lots of moderate lifting), and I regularly crack 20,000 steps per day on any given work day. I do also exercise nearly every day, but I record that and eat back those calories already, so I'm not as concerned about *that* impact on my activity level.

I was just curious what more experienced and/or knowledgeable folks think--for my job and step-count, should I have my activity level set to "Active"?

Thanks!

Replies

• JimTs
    JimTs Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I would set it to ''Active'' the days when i workout and ''Lightly Active'' when i don't :P
  • Captain_Wobbles
    Captain_Wobbles Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    It's a tough one, I work a similar job right now and in the begining I had it set to lightly active. I quickly learned that it was probably the wrong choice since I was losing more weight weekly than i was comfortable with for 3 consecutive weeks. Somebody on my friend list suggested using a PAL calculator to get a better idea, and it seems to be working better.
  • saddare
    saddare Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It's definitely not an issue of losing too much each week--I was worried I might be putting my body into "starvation mode" and hindering my weightloss, since I've lost only one pound in the past two weeks (and my set goal is two pounds per week).