I am starting again today

Options
I am tired of not liking the way I look so today is the first day of my plan to drop 20 lbs of fat and get fit. I have been happy to fall back into a sedentary lifestyle and let myself eat what ever I felt like. I've struggled to be thin over the years and I am headed back to obesity. I have had enough today; I am not getting any younger and at 41 years old if I don't start now to regain a healthy life, when?

I would like to find some virtual fitness friends to share encouragement, successes, and accountability. Let me know if you feel the same way and maybe we can get in shape together.

Replies

• Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the first step :) I can help encourage you along the way! It sounds as if you have been through this before and you know exactly what is required for you to meet your goals :) Welcome and best of luck! You will succeed :)
  • aceCI
    aceCI Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks Cera, and what a fantastic change you made! Way to go!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Rock on! Just do it sensibly and the loss and habits will stick :)
  • brzflapdx
    brzflapdx Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Definitely feel the same. I started a few months, knowing i needed to make some changes and get back to a healthy way of living. The more support we each can have the better!
  • cryptonyt
    cryptonyt Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Fell free to add me. I am 43, and been where you are. I worked off about 30lbs, then got cocky, and went back to going out for lunch with the guys to Five Guys, Indian buffet and the like, and put all my weight back on. I saw myself in the mirror one day, got grossed out, and said I gotta get at'er and get'er done. :-) With the help of MFP, and my own willpower, I have dropped almost thirty pounds again, and I intend to keep it off. Working on fitness level now. :-) I;d be more than happy to support you too.
  • karencercone1
    karencercone1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi Im always looking for new MFP friends. Im in the same boat as you! I love the encouragement and accountability that I get from MFP!
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I am far from expert but I do log in everyday and cheer my friends on. Feel free to add...