loose skin

Options
espy1975
espy1975 Posts: 18 Member
I'm only down 7lbs, but already I can see the looseness of my stomach skin. I can lift it and see how much I've lost but I still look fat because it hangs down like a half empty sack of meat :cry:
Has anyone found a fix/remedy for loose skin? I've seen a lot of these wraps claiming to be able to tighten/firm you up, but I'm scepitcal

Replies

• Wrenbot87
    Wrenbot87 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I don't believe those things truly work. From what I've read in other threads/on workout sites and blah... they tell you to use that tummy lotion for pregnant women - I believe it's the Palmers "coco butter" brand. Something about the vitamins in it helps the collagen and elasticity in your skin. Also, drink a lot of water. When you think you've had a lot of water in a day, double it. You should minimum drink 64 oz a day but really they tell you to drink half your body weight in ounces. So if you weigh 250 pounds you should be drinking 125oz of water day. I'm working on this myself...it's a lot of water but it's getting easier. Lastly, the trainer I talk to says that loose skin will be inevitable with significant weight loss...but strength training will help with a good amount of it. So don't forget to hit the weights a couple times a week! Hope that was helpful and good luck to you!
  • jassnip
    jassnip Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    No, they don't work. Waste of your resources.

Here's a helpful, though, brutally honest post on loose skin. Hope it helps you.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1320856-success-and-loose-skin-worried?hl=loose+skin&page=2#posts-20463380
  • espy1975
    espy1975 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    tks guys. I've struggled with the water intake, but have made some improvements. I definitely hit the weights, not as often as I'd like tho. tks for all the input
    I haven't lost a ton of weight but before having my kids I was about 95lbs, each pregnancy I got up to about 145 or so. I've got stretch marks in places I didn't know I had places ;) but of course my stomach is where the most damage was done. Being so short, they had no where to go but outward
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!