PiYo Challenge Group

Options
Starting a PiYo challenge group on July 7th if anyone is interested! Was just released yesterday! I can't wait to try this program out! High intensity, low impact...no jumping or weights! :smile:

Replies

• ammossrn
    ammossrn Posts: 43
    Options
    Starting a PiYo challenge group on July 7th if anyone is interested! Was just released yesterday! I can't wait to try this program out! High intensity, low impact...no jumping or weights! :smile:

Careful, I got put in My Fitness Pal jail for posting this same thing. uhg!
  • shutterbabe
    shutterbabe Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of getting PiYo! I'll join you :)
  • missjerseygrl
    missjerseygrl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just ordered this program and am super excited to start!
  • monikabenoit
    monikabenoit Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I am part of an FB PiYo challenge group that will be starting up as soon as everyone gets their DVDs in! I am pretty excited to start up a new program, I am just finishing up Chalean Extreme.

I am open to supporting anyone who needs a little motivation, feel free to add me as a friend!
  • infinikitty
    infinikitty Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I actually decided to do Gamma first and then I'll be training for my half marathon, but I want to see what you all have to say about PiYo so that when I start I know what to expect! Keep posting here so I can see, please! Yes, I am a Beachbody coach, but I won't self-promote...and I don't want any of you to do so either if you are coaches, too.

Now that the rules are down, haha...when is everyone expecting their DVD's to arrive?! I can't wait to hear how it is! I have some challengers starting up with it soon, but they aren't on MFP yet. I'll direct them this way once they do! Good luck ^_^
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Did my first workout today. I've just done P90x3 which has a lot of yoga and Pilates and didn't find the piyo workout too challenging to be honest. It's early days yet though.
  • lisabach72
    lisabach72 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just did the lower body today for the first time and was not challenged at all! I feel like I need much more than that which is a huge disappointment because I was so excited about PiYo! I just finished T25....
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I heard that the define upper and lower videos are still kind of "introductory" ones… which is a little weird because they're on the schedule for the entire first month I'm pretty sure. Word on the street is the Sweat workout is where it really begins!
  • jaz050465
    Options
    I heard that the define upper and lower videos are still kind of "introductory" ones… which is a little weird because they're on the schedule for the entire first month I'm pretty sure. Word on the street is the Sweat workout is where it really begins!

Thanks. Will try upper tomorrow and if it's similar level to lower, think I will adapt the schedule.
  • cdl8
    cdl8 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I just received my Piyo and started today. My knees are really bad and I'm hoping this isn't too hard on then as Insanity and T25! I'm in with anyone who is completing the program too!!
  • infinikitty
    infinikitty Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I just received my Piyo and started today. My knees are really bad and I'm hoping this isn't too hard on then as Insanity and T25! I'm in with anyone who is completing the program too!!

From what I've been told, PiYo is supposed to be low impact, so hopefully not too hard on the knees! I've been recommending it for those that don't like all the jumping in T25 and Insanity, for example, so please keep me updated on what it's like!
  • RunnerStephe
    RunnerStephe Posts: 2,195
    Options
    I just received mine yesterday. Anyone starting monday that wants to connect, message or add me.
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options

Thanks. Will try upper tomorrow and if it's similar level to lower, think I will adapt the schedule.

I did upper and sweat today and it was great, but I don't think I would have been satisfied with just doing upper.
  • jaz050465
    Options

I did upper and sweat today and it was great, but I don't think I would have been satisfied with just doing upper.

Upper again was disappointing. Going to try sweat later and if that's the same, I may go straight yo month two.
  • rlwidel
    rlwidel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I am part of an FB PiYo challenge group that will be starting up as soon as everyone gets their DVDs in! I am pretty excited to start up a new program, I am just finishing up Chalean Extreme.

I am open to supporting anyone who needs a little motivation, feel free to add me as a friend!
  • rlwidel
    rlwidel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would be interested in joining. Just received my DVD's today and am anxious to get started.
  • barrsgirl
    barrsgirl Posts: 2
    Options
    How was extreme? I've been doing Turbo Fire forever. I'm looking to build muscle. I'm down for a PIYO group. Just got mine today.
  • mrsg2006
    mrsg2006 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I received mine yesterday and was planning on starting today.....would love to join a group
  • UtahWI
    UtahWI Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Mine is to arrive tomorrow, so I suppose I will start tomorrow! I need to work it into C25K, I am on week 5 of that. With those short times I have heard about that shouldn't be a problem. I did P90X3 Jan-March, Combat in April then needed surgery and have only had the go ahead to lift small weights standing up for the last month. I get retested by my surgeon end of next week so hopefully all will be a go. I want to do a "strict" 60 days regarding diet, and see what can happen. I need something motivational to latch onto right now.
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    Mine are supposed to be delivered tomorrow, and I'm so ready to start! I haven't really exercised consistently in 2 1/2 years. Since all of you that have been working out say it's "not that difficult", I wonder how hard it will be for me? I'm a lot out of shape.... For reference, I used to do LOTS of TurboFire after completing TurboJam and Jillian Michaels