I'm almost there!! 5'2 and 50 lbs lighter!!

Options
molllissy
molllissy Posts: 16 Member
http://youtu.be/Jip2qKcT84c

Let me start off with the fact that I have always been bigger. My whole life I was always the chubby kid. I grew up in a family that was not physically active whatsoever & not conscious about we ate. My weight got substantially worse as I entered high school because I had my own job, could eat out more & ate to supress my feelings. Weight was always something that made me feel like an outsider. Its hard beinin in high school, being overweight can definitely make you feel like an outsider. On top of that, half the stores in the mall dont make the "cute clothes" in a size 17.

In 2013, I met Aren, my now husband. I met him in a trip to Alabama to visit a friend and we fell in love. At the time I was a senior in high school. He was in flight school at Ft. Rucker AL, so we spent the next half a year flying back and forth to see each other. Everytime I went down there was like a mini vacation. We'd go to Destin Florida and literally spend $100 on one meal and eat over 3,000 calories In one sitting (yuck!). After months of doing this..of course I had put on an extra 15 lbs. Fast forward to October of 2013, Aren has been stationed at Ft. LEWIS WA, and I am now living with him. We have been living together for a few months now and my weight hasnt changed much. Aren had to spend three weeks training in Idaho and me, being the insecure self I was at the time happened to find an email of his, that he had sent when we first met, telling his brother that I was "a little on the chubbier side", hthis killed me. I didnt want the man who loved me thinking that way about me, I wanted to be his prize & I definetly didnt want of him to think of me as that. My whole life ive had people calling me things like that...HELL, even my own mother has thrown the f word at me. This put me in a huge deppression, but instead of making me turn to food, like my emotions have in thr past..I used it as my motivation. I was going to show him up. I spent the next week eating healthier, and was on the treadmill walking my *kitten* off for hours everyday. I was going to show him. And although he apologized profusely, it was hard for me to even look at him when he returned home. Sex wasn't enjoyable anymore, I became so insecure that we'd stop halfway through and I'd cry. I then began to realize that it wasn't his fault I was chubby, and he had made that comment before we officially met & developed real feelings for eachother. I realized, for me to be happy, I needed to change. I basically balled my eyes out and told him how unhappy I was, I told him I needed to stand my ground this time & stop eating the way we did. With his great support, we slowly began to start running together, for a while we'd do about 20 mins a night, and then slowly we started running more and more everynight until eventually we were running my first 5k together. Since then I have slowly learned to love running. Ive ran in several more 5ks and even ran my firat 10k in under an hour! I still have my battles with food, I love icecream..I love red robin...I just do...I always will. But now, with my 50lb lighter body, I can definetly say that fitting in cute dresses and being able to run 6 miles, compared to only once being able to run 2 makes me a hell of alot happier than a dang bowl of icecream.

I was 192 lbs..I am now around 142. Aren is currently serving in Afghanistan, and although millions of miles away is constantly there to support me and remind me of how proud of me he is. As much as I resented him at the time, it was his comment that gave me that push. But im not losing the weight for him anymore, I'm losing it for me. My goal weight is to in the 120's!!!

To anyone who dosent believe losing weight is possible, it is!! It wasnt easy, there was times I kept running even though I felt like death, there was times I cried because I wanted ice cream so bad( I know thats pathetic). Losing weight is a mental thing, you are so much more capable than you think you are!!!

Replies

• haildodger
    haildodger Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You look great! Grats on your success!
  • sophiek1964
    sophiek1964 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You and your guy look adorable together. Congrats on such a great accomplishment! Keep on running!
  • Pourmoiaussi
    Options
    Congrats on your accomplishments. Thanks for sharing..very encouraging to hear your story.
  • Nory143
    Nory143 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Nice job! My starting stats are almost the same as yours...it give me hope!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    so successful already - bravo!
  • MimiMedrano
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. You're a true success and very inspiring. You look fabulous!!!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I looked at the video clip. You look great! I'm sure you'll be at your goal weight in no time.
  • mollymcdonald0
    mollymcdonald0 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    love this story. you two are so inspiring!! something similar happened with my fiancée and I! Good luck to you!!!!
  • kimmycupbb
    kimmycupbb Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Congrats!
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • provence9
    provence9 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing and great job!
  • NiccoleG
    NiccoleG Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You put in the Work and it Shows!!!
  • velvetteddylove
    Options
    Congratulations! The video was great and very inspiring, keep doing your thing :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!