Scale vs Measurements

Options
So I THINK I'm at my goal weight. Why do I think? Because the scale tells me I'm still 3lb off, but my measurements tell me I'm there (and also my jeans sagging off a bit like they used to).

What should I believe? The scale or the measurements? :ohwell:

Replies

• RoseLavAllen
    RoseLavAllen Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If you have been exersizing while losing weight then there's a good chance that you've gained muscle weight in the process. So you may have lost more body fat than the scales are showing
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Measurements, every time. Somewhere on here is a thread about a person who started out at a certain weight, worked out over a period of time, and she took an after pic at the exact same weight...but her body was completely different, incredibly toned and fit and quite beautiful. If you have muscle, the scale ends up being pretty useless.
  • Kitteneyes01
    Kitteneyes01 Posts: 125
    Options
    Well I don't have muscle...but I do measure less than I used to when I started losing. Plus the saggy jeans. Think the scale might be showing me water weight then.
  • elizabethportman
    Options
    Stepping onto a scale is not the best or even the most reliable, means of assessing weight loss. Scales sometimes lie. Because, the scale measures weight - not overall fitness- and it doesn't differentiate between fat and muscle. Muscle is denser than fat and tends to weigh more.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Goals change.

Are you happy with where you are at now? If so, go to maintenance (training and cals). If not, continue towards your goal.
  • splashtree2
    splashtree2 Posts: 277
    Options
    So I THINK I'm at my goal weight. Why do I think? Because the scale tells me I'm still 3lb off, but my measurements tell me I'm there (and also my jeans sagging off a bit like they used to).

What should I believe? The scale or the measurements? :ohwell:

Remember muscles weight more but occupy less space.so mesaurements count more than scale
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I use both...

My goal weight was 155...my measurments are still a bit higher than I would like...mainly around my middle but because scale weight is there I am not in a very small deficit...about 100 a day...

I am still working out tho to get measurments down and the small deficit should help get rid of some more fat...maybe not quickly but it will go.

chrisdavey pretty much put it right on the line...numbers don't matter it's how you feel about how you look...if you are good to go...move up to maitenance...if you want that 3lbs gone do that.