how long does it take to loss 10% of fa

Options
like you see in the photo i look just a little fat on me cause thats me with around either 20-18% and i just got into a gym and i was wondering that how long does it take to reach at 10% fat?

what do i have to do?
what do i need to eat?
how long will it take?

will it take a month or 2? cause i saw men that had almost the body as me and lost it all and got ripped in just 60 days and im not sure if its fake or rea

Replies

• shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    like you see in the photo i look just a little fat on me cause thats me with around either 20-18% and i just got into a gym and i was wondering that how long does it take to reach at 10% fat?

what do i have to do?
    what do i need to eat?
    how long will it take?

will it take a month or 2? cause i saw men that had almost the body as me and lost it all and got ripped in just 60 days and im not sure if its fake or rea
    You have to be in a caloric deficit. You need to eat food that will hit your macros. For me it took about 4 months. I also walked everyday for an hour and lifted weights three times a week.
  • la_te_ra_lus
    la_te_ra_lus Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    No unless you had that less than 1% super genetics. Slow an steady wins the race.. Is there any particular reason why it has to be in two months ?

If the examples you have seen were from magazines promoting supplements you can best believe its fake.
  • shmerek
    Options
    Start lifting now to preserve the muscle you have. Are you in a caloric deficit?
  • Miss_james1990
    Miss_james1990 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose weight and I've done this from lifting what I consider heavy. My weight loss has been much better since lifting so I'd say defo start now!
  • fayetinii
    fayetinii Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose weight and I've done this from lifting what I consider heavy. My weight loss has been much better since lifting so I'd say defo start now!

Is there any particular way to lift? Is that a stupid question? lol All I've ever done is Cardio and I would like to start lifting. :)
  • Miss_james1990
    Miss_james1990 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Nope just start off with simple things that you can find on YouTube and then as you feel braver you can progress :) I use free weights a lot and then do things like squats , leg press and bench!! I really cannot recommend weight lifting enough it has really worked wonders for me :)

There are plenty of great apps you can download to get you started and give ideas . Some I use are Body space ( to do with body building . Com ) and a really big one is strong lifts 5x5 ...add me if you like!
  • fayetinii
    Options
    Nope just start off with simple things that you can find on YouTube and then as you feel braver you can progress :) I use free weights a lot and then do things like squats , leg press and bench!! I really cannot recommend weight lifting enough it has really worked wonders for me :)

There are plenty of great apps you can download to get you started and give ideas . Some I use are Body space ( to do with body building . Com ) and a really big one is strong lifts 5x5 ...add me if you like!

I will try those thanks! :)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

There are programs which will take you through progressive lifting. I have started New Rules of Lifting for Women, but there are many others. Strong Lifts, Starting Strength are two others. I don't remember the rest off the top of my head. There are threads that list them along with many great starting tips. Use the search function, it can be your best friend!

ETA: Depending on your circumstances, you can also look at convict training. or you are your own gym.
  • fayetinii
    Options

There are programs which will take you through progressive lifting. I have started New Rules of Lifting for Women, but there are many others. Strong Lifts, Starting Strength are two others. I don't remember the rest off the top of my head. There are threads that list them along with many great starting tips. Use the search function, it can be your best friend!

ETA: Depending on your circumstances, you can also look at convict training. or you are your own gym.

Great stuff thanks I will search them, I actually have some random stuff laying around like a kettle bell and some strap on weight things and my bf has a weight bench I will get him to show me how that contraption works, I only tend to run and dance at the moment.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    4 months!

is there away to loss 10% in just 2 months?

What's the rush?
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I am losing about 3% Body fat a month and that is with me really going for it. So you would have to pull something absolutely MENTAL to lose 10% body-fat in 2 months. I'm talking insane amounts of exercise on a foolhardy caloric deficit.

It won't end well is what im saying. Let it take the time it takes. Or you will lose lot's of muscle and bone density in the process.
  • shmerek
    Options
    im not sure and i dont lift at all i know im supposed to so im going to buy some today

but whats the best way to use them?
    If you aren't in caloric deficit you won't lose any weight at all. End of story. You need to know how much you are eating in a day and how many calories you should be eating.

Buy some?? Weights? huh?