Has loosing the weight made you happy?

Options
1235»

Replies

• tkelly1228
    Options
    :laugh: Well, so far I've lost about 20 pounds in total, since January, but 13 of that has been in the last 3 1/2 weeks, thanks to Phentermine, and I do feel happier. I'm still not feeling as self confident as I want, but i'm hoping that will come. How are you feeling with your progress?
  • hebronc28
    hebronc28 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is a process. It takes time to process that you are not the size you use to be. It's like a whole new life. The change of your body, clothes, and the mental of the change can be overwehelming. I went from a size 22w to my lowest being a size 4! At first it was a struggle trying to find clothes and I did for a moment became overwhelmed with my changing sizes. Now I'm at a steady weight so it's not a struggle with clothing. I am absolutely in the best shape of my life and I'm very happy about my weight loss!!!
  • tkelly1228
    Options
    I definitely think you are right, it does depend on where you are when you start your journey. I have always had social anxiety and self confidence issues, and never had a problem with weight until I had my 2nd child, and turned 40. I really hope that getting to my goal will help with some of my psych issues. I'm so glad it's working great for you! Seeing success stories and meeting other people on here are def motivating and uplifting.
  • Holly_k88
    Holly_k88 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Well, so far I've lost about 20 pounds in total, since January, but 13 of that has been in the last 3 1/2 weeks, thanks to Phentermine, and I do feel happier. I'm still not feeling as self confident as I want, but i'm hoping that will come. How are you feeling with your progress?

Im sure it will :)
    Thank you for asking, since January I've lost about 15lbs I still want to loose another 40 to get to goal so still a long way to go... But already I can see the changes to my body and that gives me motivation. Theres still times I look at it and think urghh or can't find anything to wear and because the weight is coming off slowly others haven't noticed that much.

I've always been a happy person but I feel more confident already and I'm learning to love myself more
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Tough one. Strictly speaking, I guess the answer is no. I'm not generally more (or less) happy than before. But I am happy at a few specific things I can do now that seemed impossible just two years ago (swimming and running especially). And, although I'll never admit it to myself, I certainly like my physique more now; I've noticed a lot more wandering around barechested than before!
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I think it has helped some. Looking better creates more confidence and confident people are generally happier. In the past I may have allowed people to walk over me cause of my self confidence issues but now I don't settle for anything less than what I feel I deserve. So in that aspect I could say yes. Plus I just feel better and get out to do more.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Tough one. Strictly speaking, I guess the answer is no. I'm not generally more (or less) happy than before. But I am happy at a few specific things I can do now that seemed impossible just two years ago (swimming and running especially). And, although I'll never admit it to myself, I certainly like my physique more now; I've noticed a lot more wandering around barechested than before!

This is true for me as well, except the wandering around bare chested part! I was out in a storm the other day and dashed across the entire mall parking lot, then realized as I opened the door and stepped into the AC that I would have keeled over dead if I'd even thought about doing that two years ago, and three years ago I would have waddled, not run. I do enjoy that aspect of it, even though I'm mostly sedentary. At least when I want or need to move, I can move. I wasn't even out of breath.

But I somehow I expected more. Also, I expected it to get easier. Not to remain a constant, unrelenting battle with hunger and a fight to the death with the last 20 pounds.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!