Wedding weight loss! I need some friends for support!

Options
Hi everyone! I'm relatively new to MFP. Before I found this site I was using CalorieCount which was great but MFP is much more efficient and user-friendly, so glad I found it! Anyway, I'm almost 27 and a busy graduate student in Buffalo, NY. I'm an Italian girl who has always been a bit curvy (it runs in the family and the pasta doesn't help haha). I've always been pretty confident with myself but with the stress of graduate school I sort of "let myself go" and didn't have the time to stay fit. Now I have incredible motivation, I'm getting married June 4th! I started at 170 and since Aug I have slowly but steadily lost about 14 lbs which has been great! Now I have dress fittings coming up in March and its crunch time with the wedding less than 5 months away. My goal is 140ish so I have about 16 more to go! Is anyone else out there getting married and trying to look the best they can in that wedding dress? Or any of you that are already married have any wedding advice you want to share? I'd love to have a few friends for support and encouragement!

3613742.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• senoritaflaca
    Options
    Hey, I just started too, and I was needing some encouragment as well! Congrats on you 14lb weight loss so far, you can do it!!!
  • NicholasMongold
    Options
    Hey I'm there for you. anyone really! :wink:
  • jaylu
    jaylu Posts: 158
    Options
    hey my wedding is 7 months exactly from today eek good luck with the weight loss and the planning!
  • Allison128
    Allison128 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Congrats! nothing like your wedding to get you motivated! I'm getting married August 13, 2011. 7 MONTHS!!!! ahhhhhh. In addition to losing weight.... I am also losing my mind! haha!!!

Good luck and welcome to our family! These people are the BEST!
  • ayjayy01
    Options
    Hey Girl! I'm Italian too so i can definitely relate! I know you can do it and I'm here for you as well! :)
  • dustyhuffman
    Options
    Hey! Welcome to MFP! I am new as well!!! (Well been here alittle over a week or so!) Anyways... I am getting married this year and I am trying to lose about 30-40 pounds! I just went and tried on dresses for the first time last Saturday! And man oh man... this weight has got to go!!! So yah... Happy Dieting and Good Luck!!!! Friend me if you would like!!!! :)
    - Dusty!
  • princesstiana
    Options
    hi there i joined yesterday lol im also gettin married in june on the 18th which is why im wantin to lose a bit of weight im a size 10 but wanna get bk into a size 8 that i was before my 3 children . Any tips would be great.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm new-ish.
    My sister is getting married in August and I'm a bridesmaid, so I want to get fit for it.

Good luck!
  • danyellehughson
    Options
    I'm a Bride To Be as well so I would love to be here for you encouragment wise! I'll send you a friend request so we can better stay in touch and get to know one another! I know that if we set the goals we can most def. achieve them and fit into those wedding gowns!
  • jackiemarie
    Options
    my wedding is 7 months and 1 day away!
    i have been working hard for 2 weeks and only down 1 pound kinda disappointing but still motivated to be a fit bride!!!!!!!!

534281.png
    For Foods
  • heels24
    heels24 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm a bride to be too! August 27th, wow is that really 7 months and two weeks away?
    Love that support from the fellow brides, I'll send you a freind request!
  • irishrose22
    irishrose22 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    lol.....I am maid of honor on August 27th!!! I am here for all of you. Welcome brides and attendents!
  • DaniGirl101
    Options
    I am very excited to hear about your wedding news! I am also getting married in June. I am a whole lot bigger than you, weighing in at 200lbs, but would love to see 170! I am in my late 30's, have had a hysterectomy (sp) and have had my gallbladder removed. Needless to say, I have tried and tried to drop the weight but now I have a new incentive and this time I am going to succeed! I joined a local fitness center and worked out for the first time in years today, it feels really good. I have heard that if you try to cut out anything white from your diet it will help speed up the loss. I am also debating on tyring Alli. Good luck to you, and I wish you the best of wedding bliss!!