i gained but lost inches

Options
I gained 1 lb but lost 2 inches.. is that good or what? I am trying... can anyone tell me if that is good. thanks:huh:

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Yes it's good :smile:
  • StephanieMM717
    Options
    It means you are getting muscle. I have to remind myself the same thing. I've been working out this past week, kept on calorie count, yet gained two pounds. Muscle is more dense than fat.
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    It could also be water weight. Drink lots of water and it if comes off tomorrow you know that's what it was :)
  • smulligan0
    Options
    This is good! Gaining weight without losing inches would not be positive, but if you lost inches, you are doing great! I am glad you are tracking both, sometimes when we only track our weight, we can get discouraged if we gain a pound. But, losing 2 inches is fantastic progress! Congratulations!
  • newcomba
    Options
    I was told the other day that the scale can be a woman's worst enemy. You can have a great week, and lose inches, and feel great about yourself, which builds your confidence, but then you get on the scale and see a number you are not expecting, and all that confidence and self congradulating goes out the window!

This is why measuring is a great idea. I like to see a lower number when I step on the scale, but when I don't, I don't get discouraged, because I know I've lost in inches. As was posted previously, it just means your building muscle, which will help you burn more fat!
  • vmeza
    vmeza Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!! everyone i have been doing Zumba during my lunch hour and i feel so great after wards... thanks again everyone i am going to make it to my goal!!!!