Did you ever think you could actually reach your goal??

Options
allison7922
allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
I mean, I am basically talking about those who needed to lose 30 lbs or more. When you first started your journey, did you ever think you'd be posting "success stories" or posting pictures of the new you? I have about 70 more lbs to lose and although I am still going strong, it seems like such an unattainable goal! I guess I am just trying not to get discouraged. Thanks guys :embarassed:

Replies

• Annesoucy1957
    Options
    you will
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    if those posting their goal success stories can then you can.
  • 4ever420
    4ever420 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    I never thought I'd reach my final goal in a million years because I never have before. Even when I was well in my journey and had lost a lot of weight, I still wasn't sure but I just kept going anyway. Now I'm at goal for the first time after many, many attempts at weightloss in my life and the feeling of accomplishment is indescribable!
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    Yup im past my goal actually. Have since reevaluated and am now aiming to lower body fat.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    Yes, I did. But I had doubts even though I was doing the daily steps. (logging, walking, drinking water, sticking to my nutrion plan, etc) But I just kept coming back to success stories and now that I am working on my 4th year of my new lifestyle, I keep looking for inspiration and ways to keep it going. I have less doubts as time goes on. With every pound that went away, those doubts got smaller and smaller and smaller.
  • w734q672
    w734q672 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    It's better not to have goals. Disappointment can breed negative thinking, which can hinder progress. That's why I pursue something that has no goals.
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    No I didn't think I would reach my goal when I first signed up. Then when i reached my first goal i realised I should put more faith in myself . I set a second, more ambitious goal and reached that too :smile:

You can do it, just keep going, one day after another.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I think we can do almost anything as human beings, and even if I wasn't sure about that, I now know I can.
    Reaching a reasonable goal - for how hard it might seem - is totally possible. I gave up on my dream of reaching my "ideal" body anyway, which is totally unrealistic since I would basically need to become someone else.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Yes I definitely thought I would reach my goals, as I set realistic goals. Did I set a goal to lose 100 lbs in 6 months.. NO, because that's unrealistic.. but my goal of sticking with it and improving my health and pushing myself to be better than I was yesterday I work at daily.

Now I set short term and long range goals just like I do for every aspect of my life, but they are fitness & health related. If I didn't lose another pound I am happy with where I am, now my goals are pushing my lifting, my biking pace and distance, and to keep up with my neighbor on our runs.
  • Creiddylad
    Creiddylad Posts: 27
    Options
    I've never really had a goal before - and If I did it was completely unrealistic in terms of how much weight I wanted to lose and how fast.

Now I am determined to reach my goal which is 35lb - 42lbs lighter than I currently am. I've never been so determined in my life.

I know it's going to take time, and I know what I have to do to achieve it. I don't know when it will be - sometime in November maybe, but I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that I will get there.

In the past I've said I'm going to do this and that and give up this, and take up that ... and I've never actually done it. I've talked the talk, but never actually walked the walk and consequently I've known (subconsciously) that there was never any real possibility of me getting anywhere close to where I wanted to be. I'd lose a few pounds, gain them back and some more.

But not this time. This time I don't have even a flicker of a doubt. I've even told my kids that this isn't just another one of mum's 'diets'. This time mum means business!

So yes, I do think I can actually reach my goal, and what's more I will reach my goal.

:glasses:
  • w734q672
    w734q672 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    It really is so much easier living without goals. Just live with the body you have, and love the haters. You Are Your Own Worst Enemy. Just take baby steps, but just enjoy life
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Personally my goal was to lose weight and get fitter which is what I've done. I've never had specific numbers in my head I've just done what I've done. I've never got this obsession over a specific 'goal' weight considering the way peoples bodies are you may only hit the number at 7.01 am on a specific day and 30 minutes later could be heavier. Set realistic goals use the numbers as a guide and don't get too obsessed with them is my advice to anyone
  • dianastepheny
    dianastepheny Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    When I think of how long my journey is ( need to lose 100 pounds total), it can be aggravating. I feel like it is going to take "forever". Then, I remind myself that " forever" (be it a year or two or more) is still going to go by whether I try to lose weight or not. What shape do I want to be in when that time inevitably goes by ( cause it will, no matter what I do). I just imagine how aggravated I will be after the time passes and I'm just as fat because I didn't have the patience to wait. Honestly, that is the easiest way for me to stay focused. I have always wanted to lose weight to look better, feel better, play with my kids, etc. , but time passing is the reality that keeps me grounded.
  • allison7922
    Options
    if those posting their goal success stories can then you can.

Thank you for the encouragement!
  • allison7922
    Options
    I never thought I'd reach my final goal in a million years because I never have before. Even when I was well in my journey and had lost a lot of weight, I still wasn't sure but I just kept going anyway. Now I'm at goal for the first time after many, many attempts at weightloss in my life and the feeling of accomplishment is indescribable!

congrats on your amazing weight loss and thank you for the response!
  • allison7922
    Options
    Yup im past my goal actually. Have since reevaluated and am now aiming to lower body fat.

That's amazing! Congrats!
  • allison7922
    Options
    Yes, I did. But I had doubts even though I was doing the daily steps. (logging, walking, drinking water, sticking to my nutrion plan, etc) But I just kept coming back to success stories and now that I am working on my 4th year of my new lifestyle, I keep looking for inspiration and ways to keep it going. I have less doubts as time goes on. With every pound that went away, those doubts got smaller and smaller and smaller.

Thank you and congrats on the weigh loss!
  • allison7922
    Options
    No I didn't think I would reach my goal when I first signed up. Then when i reached my first goal i realised I should put more faith in myself . I set a second, more ambitious goal and reached that too :smile:

You can do it, just keep going, one day after another.

Thank you! I have to put more faith in myself as well!
  • allison7922
    Options
    I think we can do almost anything as human beings, and even if I wasn't sure about that, I now know I can.
    Reaching a reasonable goal - for how hard it might seem - is totally possible. I gave up on my dream of reaching my "ideal" body anyway, which is totally unrealistic since I would basically need to become someone else.

Thanks for the response! Congrats on your weight loss
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Yes I did. In fact, I started a blog (on blogger) the day I started dieting, but before I did that, I put on 2-3kg so that I would be the heaviest I'd ever been. It took me about 2-3 weeks eating large amounts of pizza and other nice food. I was never hungry.

Sometimes you just know you'll reach goal weight. Other times, you're not sure. Anyway, it took me 38 months and I lost 28kg.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!