Did you ever think you could actually reach your goal??

Options
2»

Replies

• allison7922
    allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the responses everyone! I need to put faith in myself and keep on going one day at a time!
  • 1yoyoKAT
    1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Yes, I absolutely believe that I can lose the weight. I am a very goal oriented person. When I first started loosing weight, it was pretty easy to keep motivated because the numbers were moving fairly quickly. After I lost for a while, things started slowing down. I had to find some new goals to focus on because I was getting pretty frustrated.

Now, I focus on my health. My goal is to make healthy decisions and learn to have a better relationship with food and myself. The weight will follow in due time.

Celebrate your successes on the way, I'm really starting to see that the journey is it's own reward. You can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • foxsylph
    foxsylph Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm losing weight again and only half way or so there for now but I did lose more than half my body weight in the past. Regularly but especially when I was at the beginning of the process and morbidly obese, the task seemed gargantuan, the time seemed to drag on to eternity, progress was so slow - but somewhere central in me, I knew I would succeed because I knew I wanted to uncover the shape below the excess weight more than I despaired that I wouldn't. I'd reached a sort of breaking point and I didn't see it as an option to fail, so I would get there eventually. It took me 16 months and despite the fact I'd been determined to, the moment when I lost 100 lbs was still utterly surreal. One of the biggest things I realized during weightloss was that it was was all about the overall downward trend of the weightloss graph, rather than any individual day. And waiting and pushing and trusting.
    Yes, if you want it, you can do it, I'm certain ^.^
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    My original goal of healthy chubby land? Yeah. I knew I could do it. I wasn't sure I'd stay with it because I knew it would take at least a year, but I had experience dropping a lot of weight before. Not that much weight, but a lot. I knew it was possible.

This last 10 or 20 is just killing me now though. It's so much harder to get lean than to go from obese to overweight to the normal-chubby range.
  • jiagetsfit
    jiagetsfit Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I can understand your dilemma. Because i have had my moments of doubt and have ended up quitting my weight loss attempts a number of time. I have about 30 pounds to lose. I have all those typical trouble zones on my body like thunder thighs, bingo wings, belly pooch and the like. Sometimes i feel that it is impossible and i have given up more than i like to think.

But now i'm back in the zone. I have armed myself with lots of information. I have no unrealistic goals, but a series of mini goals. I'm not trying to change my body in one day or one week. I have decided to be patient and consistent. Reading all the success stories here and the struggle behind it made me realize that it wasn't easy for any one of them, but they never gave up. Which means there is hope for me to have a hot bod.
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I was pretty skeptical that I could reach the goal I set. Partly because I never weighed that as an adult and partly because of some other factors I won't get into. My suggestion would be to take it one day at a time and don't try to rush it. Consistency will pay off for you. It has taken me almost 2 years to get to 50 pounds lost but I did it and decided to keep going.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I can understand your dilemma. Because i have had my moments of doubt and have ended up quitting my weight loss attempts a number of time. I have about 30 pounds to lose. I have all those typical trouble zones on my body like thunder thighs, bingo wings, belly pooch and the like. Sometimes i feel that it is impossible and i have given up more than i like to think.

But now i'm back in the zone. I have armed myself with lots of information. I have no unrealistic goals, but a series of mini goals. I'm not trying to change my body in one day or one week. I have decided to be patient and consistent. Reading all the success stories here and the struggle behind it made me realize that it wasn't easy for any one of them, but they never gave up. Which means there is hope for me to have a hot bod.

Minigoals definitely helped me all along the way! Come to think of it, I probably need some new ones for this last bit, I'm driving myself nuts.
  • FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    I'm still striving for my goal, though I do find it harder now as the pounds are not coming off as fast as I'm slimming down. But I'm still positive I'll reach it. We can all do it...For me it's all about how bad I want it. You can do it!!
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I felt confident I could reach my original goal of 190 lbs. because I had done it many times. I never dreamed I would have made it to 170 where I am now. I have 6 lbs to go to reach the top of the "normal" range for my height, but I have been stuck here for about a year ( +/- 4lbs.) I still believe I will make that goal when I decide I really want it. =)
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I don't actually have a final goal yet but it'll be somewhere in the overweight range rather than obese at a point where I feel I look and feel good and can comfortably survive on the maintenance calories I get at that point. It's hard to think of an ultimate goal but onederland is my primary goal at the moment. I know I can do it!
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Yes I did, however after a couple of months of losing weight, and starting running, I re-evaluated and changed my goals.

I'm now much less interested i weight loss per se, but in running performance, with the ongoing loss of weight and reduction in bodyfat percentage that entails.

The weight on the scale isn't particularly motivating for me, but my 10K time, and the distances I can run, are.
  • FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Im still just in the obese range. Need to shed another 30lbs to hit my BMI weight. I feel great and everything but still pushing on. 8) I've also started running, 5k daily and always trying to beat my 5k time. Goal for 5k is sub 30min mark for me, not breaking any records there but will be happy when I break it. 8)
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I have 35lbs to lose and what annoys me is that one time of day I was actually under my goal weight but because of having an eating disorder at the time I didn't realise it and so I never even appreciated actually being under my goal weight :( i've changed a lot though and have recovered and determined to appreciate what I have once I get to my goal.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and my weight loss has been very slow due to my health issues (2 1/2 years so far). I honestly never thought I'd hit a healthy BMI, let alone my GW. I cried when I got down to 150lbs, which is the most I can weigh and still be healthy. I'm currently 143lbs and my GW is 130 and I can now see it in my grasp.

Also I've never been able to have kids due to my PCOS, and in April I saw my Obgyn, and she gave me the okay to try for a baby and I feel confident that it will happen this time around. I run out of my birth control in a month, and I'm not buying anymore!
  • amblight
    amblight Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Yes. I didn't start actively trying to lose weight before I discovered I had 'accidentally' lost 30lbs, and since that had been so easy I hadn't even noticed, I figured I should just keep going. Once I was about 4 weeks in to calorie counting, I started setting goals, and I never considered them to be an "if".

I'm not set on a particular number, though, I'm aiming for a range of 100-130lbs lost. 130lbs lost would make be very slim, so even though I've got a small build, I think it could be too low, especially if I want to build some muscle too.
  • hellomanen
    hellomanen Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I knew I would, I just was scared about if I'd reach it by the time I wanted to reach it....
    So I say "screw it!!" and this time put no deadline on my journey or progress or anything, I DO have a weight I want to reach but what I mean is, no special occasions no weddings to be ready or not or whatever, just me keeping on track as best as I can...
    And so far so good! I'm halfway my journey (I started on january, I'm down almost 50 pounds) and tho it's been long and hard now I know more than ever that I can actually do it... and enjoy the ride while I'm at it :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!