Only a week but progress already? (Pics)

Options
I really wanted to lose weight around my belly, carrying 3 children has not been kind to me and I have not helped myself and gained many bad habits which has made my weight around my mid section sky rocket.

Really been motivated and determined so decided to start doing something about it last week. Am I imagining a difference or not? Opinions please. I am aware it's not a pretty sight but this is the point of MFP isn't it...to make us look and feel better?! I wanted to do a weekly picture for myself to see any improvement because I know if I can see a difference then I am less likely to give up like I have in the past! Thanks for reading.

1zzrrqv.jpg

wjud5w.jpg

Replies

• mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    great progress! having 3 babies didnt treat me so kind either lol keep up the great work x
  • LaurenPell123
    LaurenPell123 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    you're not imagining it :) there's loads of difference there...it's a huge change in a week well done :D !
  • zoegator
    zoegator Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    No way, one week? If so, keep doing whatever you did for the last week and you'll make it to your goal in no time! haha
  • shelbyss133
    shelbyss133 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Omgosh you can definitely see a huge change! What are you doing?
  • jiagetsfit
    jiagetsfit Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    If that's what you achieved in one week, then a slim, sexy, strong core is not far away in the future.

Keep up the good work. You go, girl!!!!
  • stuart160
    stuart160 Posts: 1,628 Member
    Options
    No, you are not imagining it, a noticeable difference. BTW, don't think of it as not a pretty sight, having some excess weight doesn't make you not pretty and it's a self destructive way to think. Just think of it as something you want to sculpt and change. You are a sculptor and you are posting weekly updates on your work of art. Great great job, by the way.
  • Well done, great in one week!
  • sarah2954
    sarah2954 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Wow, totally seeing a difference. Your belly doesn't hang as much and your sides are smaller. Awesome job :)

This is the easy time...when you have a lot of extra fat to lose, you will lose it very quickly when you make big changes to your diet and lifestyle. However, the more you lose, the slower it comes off. THAT is when its so easy to get discouraged, when you're SO CLOSE to your goal but it feels like its taking a long time to get there. Just push through, and come back here for encouragement :)
  • george7527
    george7527 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results
  • emc1989
    emc1989 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi everyone, thanks for the motivation and reassurance! All I have done is reduced my calories and started to eat healthier, a lot more spinach, fish, turkey, sweet potato etc and I go to the gym for an hour at 6am each day. Spend 30 mins on cardio and another 30 minutes doing weights to strengthen my core (crunches etc). I don't really intend on doing anything different from the last 7 days so who knows where I will be at in a month or two...I am really excited about finally being healthier and happier with myself!
  • fit_gal
    fit_gal Posts: 167
    Options
    I've had three children too. There is a definately difference in a week. My God! Brilliant work x
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Wow if that's one week, imagine your progress in two weeks, then a month, and more! Keep going, you're doing great :D