I'm the athlete who gained 100lbs after high school... :(

Options
Hi everyone. Let me introduce myself. :)

Back in my high school days (about 16years ago... omg has it been that long?!) I was the athlete. The record breaker. And the rebel. I was fast, and strong, and obviously a dumb-*kitten* for not carrying on with sports after I graduated. But I was rebellious and became very depressed and therefore I stopped exercising and started smoking and sitting on my *kitten* all day long. Thankfully, in 2008, I quit smoking and never touched a cigarette since. So my lungs are clear now, but my weight is still a huge issue. I have lost and gained through-out the years from fad diets, but well within a year of quitting those diets, I regained all my weight back, plus more. This time around, I am shamefully up to 270 lbs! :( And sadly enough, I am the ex-athelete who can hardly walk at times due to my ankle, foot and knee problems. When I lay down, I can't breathe very well at all. My fat is crushing me from the inside. I just can't live like this anymore because I'm NOT LIVING! I want my old body back!!! Where is that athlete? I know she's in there somewhere! I'm going to find her and when I do, I plan on getting back into sports and I look forward to running some marathons. :)

As of now, I am happy to announce that I'm almost 2 weeks in and 10 lbs down! I am re-learning how to eat and exercise. I'm reprograming my brain to stay away from processed foods, and let me tell ya, it's a struggle but I'm doing better every single day that goes by. I don't want to medicate myself anymore with food. I want to learn how to deal with my problems without shoving food in my face. I'm ready for change.

I am more than happy to accept friend requests from all that would like to join me on my journey. I can also offer support on your journey, too. :)

Replies

• JLoescher01
    JLoescher01 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    you can do it!! Starting over sucks, so keep going!! Best of luck to you :smile:
  • shelbyss133
    shelbyss133 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I would love to help you on your journey! I myself have gained about 30 pounds in like six months! It's terrible to go through however I firmly believe if you have the right people in your corner you can definitely make it to your goal! Shoot me a friend request and we can help each other! :)
  • Archon2
    Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    From your post, I think you sound ready to change and regain your athleticism, Missy. Just remember that it will take time and persistence and don't get impatient! I also recently joined MFP and the site is a great tool to keeping one on track. It is so easy to count calories with it and track your exercise too.
  • kotzzz
    kotzzz Posts: 13
    Options
    i also used to be a three-season athlete in high school but even then i was slightly overweight . . . im in uni now and dont do any sports, and am sick of always being chubby and "plump" (as this person i know would say -____-)
    let's do this!!! >:D good luck to you!
  • lindseyholz
    Options
    I would love to support you on your journey. I am in need of a weight loss buddy myself. It is a daily struggle for me to stay away from the fast, easy, addicting, processed foods that in todays society are accepted but they should NOT be because they are killing us threw obesity.