Veggie Snacks

Options
I am super new to the site, and I apologize if this has already been asked.

What types of Veggies do folks reach for when snacking? I'm looking for something other that fruit and carrots to snack on at work so I can avoid the amost daily birthday cake and vending machine demons.

Happy New Year to all.

Replies

• BriannaSkye
    Options
    Someone posted the other day Zucchini chips, Im going to make some tonight and see what they taste like. Thinly slice and place on a baking sheet sprayed with pam. Sprinkle seasoning and bake for 5 mins, turn them over and bake till they are golden crispy color.

I also like eating asparagus, mushrooms, broccoli either cooked or uncooked
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    roasted brussels, roasted onions with balsamic vinegar (Both are good cold)

yam gratin (yellow onion, thinly sliced yam, a bit of grated smoked cheddar: bake, covered @350 F until the yam is soft. This reheats so well, and is sweet and savory.)

red bell pepper, celery, lightly steamed green beans, green onions.....all with hummus (or without)
  • lapori
    lapori Posts: 3
    Options
    Popcorn (minus the butter) is good option when the vending machine demon strikes.... other than that, hummus & pita or hummus with any veggies such as peppers &cucumber is good & convenient to eat @ work.

try different flavor hummus with ur carrots, so u don't get bored of it....

Brianna, will have to try the zucchini chips, sounds good
  • lapori
    lapori Posts: 3
    Options
    Edamame beans are awesome too
  • smilestb99
    Options
    As far as veggies go, I like to take celery (also good with almond butter), radishes, snap peas, bell peppers, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower with hummus. Also, for other snacks, brown rice crackers or soy crisps with salsa, Lara Bars (all made with just fruit and nuts), or I usually have a fruit (apple, orange, etc) with one or two babybel light cheeses. That way you get protein and fiber, which both keep you full longer. :smile:
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    celery with either peanutbutter or laughing cow cheese, Sliced Bell peppers, Cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, sugersnap peas, Hope those helped!!!!
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Mmm I could eat a bucket of cherry tomatoes at a time.

Celery sticks, home made sweet potato fries, cucumber slices- all awesome.
  • doublebee
    Options
    wow.. this was an awesome response. Thanks for all the super ideas. I was eating way too much fruit and the nice folks at AnytimeFitness gave me a nutriution plan which said I should snack on less common items like Tuna, Chicken or veggies.. and if I ate more veggies I wouldn't be looking to drop 40lbs :) but all of these don't sound scary at all.

Thanks for the great responses.
  • kickchick
    kickchick Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Someone posted the other day Zucchini chips, Im going to make some tonight and see what they taste like. Thinly slice and place on a baking sheet sprayed with pam. Sprinkle seasoning and bake for 5 mins, turn them over and bake till they are golden crispy color.

I also like eating asparagus, mushrooms, broccoli either cooked or uncooked

I love this thought...I am gonna try this too.