Is there a way to log your original starting weight?

Options
Kalikel
Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
I lost weight before I started logging things here. So the weight it says I've lost isn't accurate - I've lost a lot more.

Is there a way for me to log the actual starting weight so that my number is accurate? It's not important and doesn't really matter, but I'd like to see it, all the same.

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Go into check-in, where you enter your weight, and at the bottom you can choose "edit prior entries." If you choose that and scroll down to the bottom you can add an additional weight for any date you choose. Do that and add your starting weight and date.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I don't know either, but if anyone figures it out let me know. I started losing weight before I found MFP too. So my ticker is off as well, I've really lost 87, not 74lbs.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Go into check-in, where you enter your weight, and at the bottom you can choose "edit prior entries." If you choose that and scroll down to the bottom you can add an additional weight for any date you choose. Do that and add your starting weight and date.

awesome!
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    On the website (not the app)

You can go to My Home -> Check In(in nav menu) -> Edit Previous Entries (little blue link down the page a bit) and there will be a spot to change your starting weight.
  • mikegerber1
    mikegerber1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I changed mine. I originally started in November, but didn't know about my fitness pall until later, when I look at my chart it shows a loss of about 35 lbs in the first week, but at least I've been able to get my original start weight.

just went back, at the bottom of the window you can add any weight and any date, so I went back to dates I could remember and got more info entered.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    thanks - that worked perfectly :)
  • caitology
    caitology Posts: 50
    Options
    Thanks all! I was wondering the same thing.. 81 lbs lost, not 36!
  • lordofthebar
    lordofthebar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can also go to apps->ticker->update your weight data. It has a spot for starting weight. :smile:
  • tawnywest
    tawnywest Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that question and especially for the answer. I had been wondering about that for sometime now and it was a quick fix. :smile:
  • spinnerdell
    spinnerdell Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Done! Thank you, Lemurcat.:flowerforyou:
  • Kalikel
    Options
    Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!!!!!

I'm going to try now. :D
  • Kalikel
    Options
    I meant to quote this before. Still learning Internet stuff.

Thank you so much. It now says 50 pounds instead of 20. :)

50 down, 50 (or 60, we'll see) to go!!

It's fun to see the real number. Shallow and silly, but fun. :)