Metal music lovers!

Options

Replies

• yasmeenelrakhawy
    Options
    Metal music has always been one of my favourite genres, mainly because of the band Kamelot. (Plus few other songs by Epica)

I know most of you would say, but then you're not a metal fan if you only listen to one band, but I guess one is enough to introduce myself to this forum.

I've never tried working out to metal music though, should put that in my plan.

As always, I'd love to be friends with anyone,I'm new here and kinda clueless and in need of motivation :D
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Been completely obsessed with Megadeth's "Cryptic Writings" album this week. It's all I listen to in the car on repeat constantly.
  • gakette420
    gakette420 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Definitely a metalhead here. Have been since my teenage years! Metallica, Slayer, White Zombie, and of course, all the hair bands (god, I am getting old). Nowadays my faves have been Within Temptation, Theory of a Deadman, :heart: Seether (yumyum Shaun Morgan) :heart: , Avenged Sevenfold, Five Finger Death Punch, Buck Cherry.

My favorite thing to work out to is The Wrong Side of Heaven album by Five Finger. Makes lifting so much easier!

(I can't listen to anything Zombie while driving though....speeding tickets suck!!)

That is how I feel about :heart: Lexi Laiho :heart: Yumerlicous!
  • gakette420
    Options
    Alexi Laiho ... my bad
  • ashleydawndill
    ashleydawndill Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm loving all the Disturbed fans here! Awesome!
    Epica is great, Simone's voice is like.. heaven, lol. I looove Slipknot!
  • eemukas
    eemukas Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love metal too! Avenged Sevenfold my favorite. Running when listening to Afterlife makes my mood go up :D
  • Kymom04
    Kymom04 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My fave fave fave band is Five Finger Death Punch!!!!
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Five Finger Death Punch, Testament, Type o negative, Metallica, etcetcetc. In my house, Metal is usually the King.
  • catmurray2
    catmurray2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Metalhead all the way!!, working out or not \m/ :D
  • jackeeeeeey
    jackeeeeeey Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm mainly into post-hardcore and metalcore stuff, and alternative rock.
  • Biggirllittledreams
    Biggirllittledreams Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    YESS. It gets me through my runs nearly every time!
  • I love metal music. Sometimes I work out to Meshuggah, and sometimes Slipknot, Suicide Silence, Carnifex, Mushroomhead, and Cradle of Filth. Really gets me moving.
  • Ah, Children of Bodom fan, I see...
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm not familiar with or don't really like a lot of the metal that's been mentioned in this thread, but most of what I listen to is either kind of older (Judas Priest) or new and pretty obscure / nerdy.

When I workout and listen to metal (let's just say loud music with electric guitars, b/c I don't want a metal classification debate), it's got to be:

Blind Guardian
    The Lord Weird Slough Feg
    Symphony X
    Zeke
    Kamelot
    Broca's Helm

And if there happen to be any geeks / nerds (not Whovians...) reading here, I highly recommend "Nightfall in Middle-Earth" by Blind Guardian (concept album based on the Silmarillian), "Traveler" by Slough Feg (concept album based on a tabletop RPG) or "The Odyssey" by Symphony X (concept album based on... I'll let you guess).
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Metal music has always been one of my favourite genres, mainly because of the band Kamelot. (Plus few other songs by Epica)

I know most of you would say, but then you're not a metal fan if you only listen to one band, but I guess one is enough to introduce myself to this forum.

I've never tried working out to metal music though, should put that in my plan.

As always, I'd love to be friends with anyone,I'm new here and kinda clueless and in need of motivation :D

Epica is beautiful.
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    anyone into the old school stuff? i see alot of disturbed and bring me the horizon and stuff.... anyone into the old Black Sabbath and Venom and Slayer etc....
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    I_need_moar_musclez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    New Mastodon album has been dispatched! I am excite!!!!
  • gakette420
    Options
    Ah, Children of Bodom fan, I see...

Oh yes! love me some CoB! :glasses:
  • gakette420
    Options
    I guess I'm not familiar with or don't really like a lot of the metal that's been mentioned in this thread, but most of what I listen to is either kind of older (Judas Priest) or new and pretty obscure / nerdy.

When I workout and listen to metal (let's just say loud music with electric guitars, b/c I don't want a metal classification debate), it's got to be:

Blind Guardian
    The Lord Weird Slough Feg
    Symphony X
    Zeke
    Kamelot
    Broca's Helm

And if there happen to be any geeks / nerds (not Whovians...) reading here, I highly recommend "Nightfall in Middle-Earth" by Blind Guardian (concept album based on the Silmarillian), "Traveler" by Slough Feg (concept album based on a tabletop RPG) or "The Odyssey" by Symphony X (concept album based on... I'll let you guess).

I love blind guardian too. <3 \m/ <3
  • gakette420
    Options
    anyone into the old school stuff? i see alot of disturbed and bring me the horizon and stuff.... anyone into the old Black Sabbath and Venom and Slayer etc....

I love the metal oldies. Slayer, Iron Maiden, Priest, Accept, Testament, Ozzy, ans so many more. My first concert was when I was 16 .We saw Twisted Sister open for Iron Maiden in 1985.