Daily Calories V.S Weekly Calories

Options
Hey everyone! How do you guys look at your calories overall, by that I mean, is it more important for you to see your daily caloric intake, or weekly. I was thinking about starting to set my goal for weekly calorie consumption, I can see that it may be a little less stressful. Any opinions? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• omnisis
    omnisis Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    In the end it is all about averages, but if you are bad at hitting a daily target you will be even worse at hitting a weekly target. I think it's easier for people to think about daily targets just because it fits into the rhythm of your day-to-day (see what I did there?).
  • ravenmiss
    ravenmiss Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Always weekly.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Weekly or monthly

Daily calories don't matter as long as you're hitting your weekly and monthly goals, then you're hitting your daily goals too.

If I eat over 500 cals one day, I'll eat 100 calories less for the next 5 days to make sure my weekly / monthly goal is achieved. (For example)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Weekly, but to be quite honest, I lost better when I was sticking to the same amount of food every day.
  • FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Daily here as I prep my meals daily. But like most says its about your average at the end of the week. Over 200 one day under 200 the next, same thing
  • meltoine
    meltoine Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I focus more on my daily calories, but in use my weekly totals to adjust for days I know I'll go over my daily amount - parties, date nights, etc.
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I do daily for calories, protein, and fiber, and just check in weekly on other nutrients. Works well for me. I think I feel better if I get more protein on lifting days, so I gotta watch that daily.

But I can see doing weekly making sense for the kind of person to finds it easy to be UNDER at least 3 days a week. If you're stressing about being OVER on a daily basis, going to weekly will just make things worse.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I track by the week because it gives me more flexibility.