Fitbit vs Misfit

Options
Which one is better? Or which do you prefer? I am looking at both of these online and reading reviews and all, trying to figure out which one I may want in the future. The cost is about the same since I would purchase the sport band with the Misfit. I am just looking for some feedback from people they may actually use these on here. My activities are mostly cycling, swimming and walking. I use apps on my cellphone currently but I don't keep my phone attached to me at all times and would lik to be able to track steps and sleep.

Also looking at the Garmin Vivofit.

Thanks for any info! :)

Replies

• las_6664
    las_6664 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had a Fitbit Force for a few months before it was recalled and replaced it with a Vivofit after the recall. I really wanted a wrist worn unit because I feel like it's harder to ignore than the clip on types. I wasn't interested in the flex because i liked the additional information that the Force provided on screen. When I first made the switch to the Vivofit I was disappointed; I've always been a Garmin fan, have had a FR350 for about 6 years & love it, however, the Garmin Connect App was not nearly as good as the Fitbit software at the beginning. Now that the Vivofit communicates with MFP I'm thrilled, just switched from Lose It to MFP because of this. With the integration between Garmin Connect & MFP it makes it easier to use the information from the Vivofit to aid my weight loss goals. Garmin is adding new options to Garmin Connect all the time & I'm very happy with my choice now.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I've been a Fitbit user since they came out 5 years ago but I looked hard at the Misfit Shine last year because it's so much prettier and I like the accessories. But I decided on a new Fitbit instead because the Shine has no web app (just mobile ones), at the time they said you had to hold it to your phone to synch it, and the swimming/cycling 'tracking' is about the same as Fitbit, namely that you manually enter it. It also doesn't vibrate and the display is pretty limited. I would've wanted the leather band and pendant accessory and it's all pretty expensive, too.
  • Zodia81
    Zodia81 Posts: 43
    Options
    I wasn't aware the Vivofit could be used with MFP. Thats good to know. I had added all three of these Fitbit, Misfit and Vivofit to my Amazon wishlist. And now I am just down to Fitbit and Vivofit after reading this feedback. I also liked the accessories of the Misfit but they may be all it is, pretty accessories.

Thanks to you both!