"Wiggle Room"

Options
Good morning-
I was really good about staying below my calories (not super low, usually around 50-100 calories per day). I have been working out a lot, but have recently been going over. I seem to be a lot hungrier the more I work out!! At any rate, I am wondering what kind of wiggle room do you give yourselves either under or over your calorie limit. I usually (hopefully) don't go much over 150 if I do, and I am starting to become a bit paranoid about the whole thing.

Replies

• mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Are you logging in your exercise time and using the extra calories you get for that? If you aren't then you need to. I got in a 30 minute interval program on my elliptical today and got 143 extra calories. And yes I will probably use them.

Cindy
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    I eat more if I'm hungry, less if I'm not. This tends to create a natural 'zig zag' in my calories that I know many people create intentionally.

You may be also naturally zig zagging. If you're obsessing, maybe shoot for a weekly goal as opposed to a daily goal.

Charmagne
  • Ssminey79
    Ssminey79 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Cindy-definitely, I log in my exercise! I average about 300 calorie burn when I work out. I think part of my issue is that (and I posted this a while ago), my days are so long...usually breakfast around 6:15 and dinner around 8:15 with a lunch at about 10:45. I am a teacher so I am already expelling a lot of energy (I did take that into account when I created my profile.) There are just days that I go over a bit, and I was wondering what people's thoughts were regarding 'wiggle room'.
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    If you have set your goal to lose 1 pound a week, you are at a 500 calorie a day deficit. Therefore, you have 500 calories of "wiggle" before you actually go over. Basically, you should still lose weight, just maybe a little slower. Also, if you are truely hungry, your body needs it. Don't worry too much. And if it makes you feel any better, if I go over by 100, I figure that is close enough to on target. More than that though and I take a look at my day to see where I could do better.