Pay it forward nation is rolling!

Options
I had an idea for pay it forward nation. I started out by posting and wanted to see if anyone else wanted to joing with me. I had a overwhelming response and I love the support and enthusiasm. I couldnt believe in one week how man wonderful and dedicated people are on this site. Any good stories of anyone who was kind to you when yah first got on MFP? How have you repaid the favor? Lets keep it rolling and kick this into high gear.

p.s I saw a quote the other day and I loved it.......The one about the trapeze guy........Throw your heart over the bar and your body will follow. Wow very plain but very powerful.

Replies

• Bluediesel
    Options
    I feel like I'm paying it forward. A Great lady at my work Anna Dejaro mentored me and got me to lose my 49 pounds and counting...So now I'm the leader of our new Biggest Loser Weight Loss Camp here at my work and the first week people lost 18 pounds total. I hope to continue in making people feel as good as I do now. Great read by the way.
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    When I first started here I had about 10 friends in a week. They comment on my posts and join some of the groups I join. They are very inspirational.
    In the interest of paying it forward, I have got quite a few of my in real life friends to join the site, and have got a few more than that to join me in my 5k's :)
    I also check the newbie board for people that need a little extra help and add them :)
    I love this site!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    So many of my MFP friends have been there for me that I don't want to list them for fear of missing someone. I try to catch up and post something positive on everyone every day but it's getting tough because I've been blessed with so many MFP friends. Right now I have ZERO support at work on this journey so that makes you guys even more important and precious too me.
  • golfbrew_matt
    golfbrew_matt Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I initiated and managed a family weight loss "bet" before our trip to Mexico, 7 people in my family lost 80 lbs total over 12 weeks, not too shabby!

Now I've started another 6 week session with my brother and sister and a 12 week bet with a coworker. I find gambling keeps people motivated! :)
  • nancym221
    Options
    Payinhg it forward here. Although 4 of my coworkers have been involved with WW for a long time. They have noticed the changes I have made nutritionally. They ask me constantly for recipes and watch what I bring in for lunch with ooh's and aah's. lol

This week 12 of us are started our weight loss challenge and it wasn't even my idea-I just advertised.
  • azmomof2
    azmomof2 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I had an idea for pay it forward nation. I started out by posting and wanted to see if anyone else wanted to joing with me. I had a overwhelming response and I love the support and enthusiasm. I couldnt believe in one week how man wonderful and dedicated people are on this site. Any good stories of anyone who was kind to you when yah first got on MFP? How have you repaid the favor? Lets keep it rolling and kick this into high gear.

p.s I saw a quote the other day and I loved it.......The one about the trapeze guy........Throw your heart over the bar and your body will follow. Wow very plain but very powerful.

Polo I absolutely looove your positive attitude and what you're bringing to the boards it's appreciated! MFP is an awesome site I have so many wonderful friends that support me and I know that support is key to making changes permanent! So thank you to all who have been there for me and I'll be there for you as well. Best wishes to all of you for making healthy changes and choosing life!

p.s. I love that quote too and it's very ture!
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Great stories! Very cool thanks for taking time and letting me know.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to get back into a positive place myself so that I'm able to Pay It Forward. I feel like I've been moving backwards too much lately. Thank You, All, for the great attitudes and support! WE CAN DO THIS!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Paying it forward is an awesome idea all around. My journey started after the realization that 2 bottles of champagne every single night not only makes you gain weight but an alcoholic as well! DUH! This site rocks, and the people here are amazing. Love ya MFP!!!