New to this site and looking for people for support

Options
Hi my name is Jodi and I am new to this site but not to trying to lose weight, in the past I have always tried to do it on my own only to fail miserably. I am a 44 year old female with 160 pounds to lose, just typing that gave me anxiety, so if you would like to be friends please message me. Thank you for your time and good luck in your weight loss journey...

Replies

• shelbyss133
    shelbyss133 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Jodi! It's great that you took your first step to your journey! That shows that you want it bad! I would love to help you on your journey!
  • gfrose88
    gfrose88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am new alsoand in the same boat. Ihave lost 12 since may12. My dr. sugested diet and I found the mfp app. The app is great. It makes keeping track much easier. I like that it show your daily nutrition values for the day-helps me to make better choices. I have lost 50-75lbs, 4 times, diff methods, over the past 25 years. This is the most doable. I found this applooking for something else. I am glad I did. This is my first post. Scary!
  • aceCI
    aceCI Posts: 4
    Options
    Great first step Jodi. Accountability is the key. If you report everything you eat and every time you exercise, even when you have a bad day (or week), you will start to change your behaviors and see results in no time. Be consistent with your reporting and it will happen.
  • kaytee57078
    kaytee57078 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi guys :) im also new to here but not new to trying to lose weight. Ive been logging in for about a month and find that i like logging my food since it makes me think about what im eating be it good or bad. If you guys are looking for people to add, you can add me :)
  • nicolemtracy
    nicolemtracy Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hey Jodi, you've already made a huge step in being a healthier you. We can motivate each other :)
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    You can add me.
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jodi,

Feel free to add me.
    Good luck