I'm hungry unless I eat around 2000 calories a day

Options
My TDEE is around 2500. I exercise every day. Technically I'm supposed to lose weight on 2000 calories. Do you think I will? Do you have a similar experience?

Replies

• no_russian
    no_russian Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    I don't see why not, assuming you're not undercounting your calorie intake
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    If your TDEE is around 2500, then I'd assume you would feel hungry if you didn't get at least 2000 calories. If you feel good at 2000 calories, then I'd see how well you lose weight and monitor, and keep on doing that. No need to go hungry.
  • nofoodforthemood
    Options
    I'm the same way. I eat until I'm not hungry anymore.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Assuming you are accurate with your TDEE and calorie counting then by definition you will lose weight.

If you want to feel satisfied eating less calories then favor lean meats and fiber-rich foods like vegetables over refined carbs. I don't mean eat only that I mean make substitutions to feel full and satisfied at your calorie goal.
  • jamesryanfletcher
    jamesryanfletcher Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Given that the estimation methods for TDEE available, the best way yo know is to track your metrics and adjust based on outcomes.

Any actual deficit of 550 kcal/day will see you lose weight. Remember the daily variability that everybody has and be as accurate with your logging as you can so you know what you've been doing to base adjustments off.