Need motivation

Options
Hi I am 50 and tried different things, like running, WW, etc. I don't lose weight fast enough to sustain the motivation. I hope I can learn some good ideas. I need to lose 35 pounds. I am 5 ft tall.
Carbs are my weakness. Thanks.

Replies

• thyella
    thyella Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Am in similar situation. 53 yrs old have been heavy since my 4th child 15 yrs ago. Carbs are my drug of choice for stress and I am trying to change how I eat for life. I am working with a diet program offered by my local hospital and they encourage this program. I am starting on a 20 gram a day carb diet. I can essentially eat any protein (meat, cheese, eggs etc) so natural fats, any vegetables, but need to cut out on many "diet foods" that are so carb heavy. I need to lose 50, would love to help with encouragement, need some of my own since my fat free creamer has 5 rams of carbs per Tbsp and I guess I'll be drinking almond milk in my coffee (ick) and a popsicle also has 5 grams and that is the only source of sweets that are even in the ball park. Best of luck
  • mil63
    mil63 Posts: 6
    Options
    Thank you. Yes we are totally in the same situation. I am not following a program as of yet, mostly trying to increase protein and reduce carbs. I am walking 30 minutes at least 4x a week (well, that's the goal). I sure hope this is the moment that I can see healthy results and I wish the same for you. I think it is great that you are following a program with the hospital, it is good to have accountability and structure. In my case I feel like I can't keep spending money on things that I don't follow through. Look forward to seeing us and others reach our goals!:smile:
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    FR sent :-)
  • xShreddx
    xShreddx Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Carbs are my weakness too! Feel free to add me, I post daily and am happy to send/receive motivation.
  • aligatorwww
    aligatorwww Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Here's some motivation...a friend came in from out of town this weekend and my husband was taking pictures of us walking around the city. I am literally twice as big as she is! This person has ibs and also cannot keep food down so I'm glad that's not my problem but geez, i looked like a giant next to her. it has motivated me to get more accountable and I'm on here, again, to give it a try. I'm 53 and 75 lbs overweight from my ideal. If I could lose 40, I would be elated. Exercising (and sticking with it) is my biggest downfall. I just sit way too much. Feel free to add me as a friend too! We can do this!
  • newme20014
    Options
    Carbs is also my weakness , but I'm learning to control it... Need friends also..
  • bikergirlalex
    Options
    Hi!

Carbs are my weakness (I think they're everyone's weakness) but the thing I did is go gluten free. It sounds horrible, BUT it doesn't let you eat all those goodies like bread and cupcakes or pasta. It limits that, helping you lose weight (bare in mine, I am also allergic to gluten. Not like a peanut allergy, but a light sensitivity) so it might help you! Especially if you are older.

Another weight gainer, which people neglect to think of, is DAIRY! That stuff is potent. It makes you gain weight as well as cause so horrible health issues. Like ear infections and terrible mood swings. So maybe lay off the milk.

Really, just noshing on some meat, and veggies will get you to lose the weight you want. And YOU have to DO exercise. You aren't like how you were when you were TWENTY. Exercise and food is the key to everything. So be in control, food doesn't own you.

And good luck on your way!