Stretch Mark Momma

Options
I have lost 58lbs and while I still have a ways to go I am starting to like my body again EXCEPT my stretch marks. I was at work about a week ago and one of my team mates asked me to pull up my sweater to see how much weight I had lost. I pulled it up to show her and accidently got my tanktop too which means I showed her my naked belly. I made a joke about how blahhhh my belly looked because of the stretch marks. That is when it happened she looked at me and said, "I would love to have stretch marks. Consider yourself luck." At that moment I became happy with my marks. You heard people say they are battle wounds all the time but I always just blew that off as one of those annoying things people with stretch marks say. So if you have stretch marks from kids consider yourself luck because you were able to have kids!

Replies

• wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Oh, I love your friend! My marks are horrendous, so I needed to hear that. =)
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    This makes me want to cry! Very touching! Never thought of them in this way.
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    =)
  • babyg1rl82
    Options
    I have horrible stretch marks too so thanks for the nice way of looking at it. My problem is the extra skin which I have been told will never go away unless there is surgery involved. Arg!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Thank you! That was something I really needed to hear. I need to remind myself that I am lucky enough to be a mom and that these marks are my battle scars and something to be proud of.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    When I tell people my stretch marks are from having kids, they just look really uncomfortable and walk away.
  • suckitup
    suckitup Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    When I tell people my stretch marks are from having kids, they just look really uncomfortable and walk away.

Oh, I needed to laugh today! :laugh: