Bloated or just put 4lbs in 1 day!!!!

Options
Hi

I weighted myself yesterday morning and I was 10 stone 8lbs weighted myself today now 10 stone 12! ( I know I should only weigh myself once a week but I feel terrible bloated ...I made the good food spicy chicken & bean stew which I have been pretty much eating since I made it since I made so much ! Can beans make you feel this bloated from starch and water retention? I did do an hour of body combat last night and hasn't made any difference !

Thanks

Replies

• ravenmiss
    ravenmiss Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Your weight can fluctuate 5lb or so in a day, it will be water weight.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    that's another reason I don't weigh myself when obviously bloated...I can't see my feet in those days...frustrated already, don't need to stress myself more on the scale. :(
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    on a more serious note, it will go away. So don't get too distracted and just keep doing what you normally do.

If any help, write down the stuff you eat around these days to find a pattern...then avoid the triggers. Mine is white flour with sugar (so basically pastry stuff) and non-organic dairy products
  • tonyandrade99
    Options
    Raven miss is right, try weighing yourself in the morning after the bathroom at that time your body has no fluid or food to add weight and that is the most accurate way to weigh yourself. If you usually weigh yourself at night you may be surprised by the difference
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Raven miss is right, try weighing yourself in the morning after the bathroom at that time your body has no fluid or food to add weight and that is the most accurate way to weigh yourself. If you usually weigh yourself at night you may be surprised by the difference

'Water Weight' is NOT just in your bowels and kidneys - it's throughout the cells of your body.