Soon-to-be College Student Needing Motivation/Support

Options
Hi everyone, I'm Regan! I will be going to college soon and I am tired of being the "fat girl with a bunch of skinny friends", it's no fun. I have bee over weight most of my life and I am beginning to lose confidence in myself so I know it is time for a change. I want to be confident with myself in college and I am hoping to find people on a similar journey for support. I am eager to get back on track with my healthy eating and exercising.

Good luck to everyone on their fitness journeys!

Replies

• khalessistark
    Options
    hey, I'm about to start college too and need motivation not to gain weight, so add me! :)
  • Nerdphiliac
    Nerdphiliac Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hey! C:
    I'm joining college next year (studying Biomedical Science).
    I'll be happy to help you out. I'm trying to get fitter. :)
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You'll find plenty of support here.

Eating healthy while going to classes all day (and work afterwards, if you have a job) is difficult, but not impossible. I did it with the help of stacking tupperware containers or bento boxes. Being prepared helps a ton, and you can fit these things in your bag along with your books. I'd do a piece of fruit or yogurt with almonds for breakfast, a salad for lunch with the dressing in a seperate container, and a meat with veggies for dinner. All packed in containers ready to go. You can make good use of limited space if you plan ahead!

If you're using a meal plan, stick with salads and soups more often than not. They're filling and typically lower in calorie as long as you watch your dressing.

Make good use of the gym! You have paid-for access to high end equipment pretty much around the clock!
  • crystallinemermaid
    Options
    I'll be headed to college in September, feel free to add me :)
  • mgpearce4
    mgpearce4 Posts: 71
    Options
    Hey peeps! Feel free to add me. I'm on here all the time. I am about 30 pounds to go on my goal. I WILL motivate you!
  • semicolongirl
    Options
    Hey, i'll be off to university in September and since I pay so much for my accommodation and a gym pass is included, I might as well make use of it! my goal isn't to lose much weight but to make healthier choices (since I used to eat a tonne of rubbish) and get fitter. Add me if you like! :)