high protein diet

Options
I am willing to cut my body fat for the next to month , and I want to minimize muscles loss while cutting by keeping my workout at the same level and following high protein diet .... so what do you think especially about the high protein diet ???

Replies

• supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I follow a high protein diet , check out my dairy to give you some ideas:smile:
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Do it! Though it may take you longer than a month to see a difference.
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Feel much better on a high protein diet....
  • bv109
    bv109 Posts: 83
    Options
    no difference between a high carb or high fat diet. if you meet your macros and eat at a deficit, youll look the same either way.
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    For me, I eat a high protein diet when I bulk, so I can gain muscles. When I cut, I eat a high protein diet to try and maintain muscles while I become leaner. My PT has me on 41% protein per daily calorie intake or about 1.55g per lb. I have plenty of energy and I"m currently at 7% BF.

Protein also makes me feel fuller, so less cravings. Works for me.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    There is nothing magical about a high protein diet vs a high fat or carb diet.

The difference for me is, protein makes me feel fuller for longer than carbs, so I eat less. Steak is more filling than a bag of chips.
  • elizabethportman
    Options
    Going on a high-protein diet may help you tame your hunger, which could help you lose weight. You can try it by adding some extra protein to your meals. Give yourself a week, boosting protein gradually. Remember, calories still count. You'll want to make good choices when you pick your protein. If you plan to add a lot of protein to your diet, or if you have liver or kidney disease, consult with your doctor first.
  • CharlieRoberts36
    Options
    I am gaining weight with the passage of time and my weight is getting uncontrollable
    I am very tense please suggest me neutral diet chart which is not difficult to folloW!
    Thanku
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    There is nothing magical about a high protein diet vs a high fat or carb diet.

The difference for me is, protein makes me feel fuller for longer than carbs, so I eat less. Steak is more filling than a bag of chips.
    Except protein is necessary for repair, growth and maintenance of muscle.
  • elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    For me, I eat a high protein diet when I bulk, so I can gain muscles. When I cut, I eat a high protein diet to try and maintain muscles while I become leaner. My PT has me on 41% protein per daily calorie intake or about 1.55g per lb. I have plenty of energy and I"m currently at 7% BF.

Protein also makes me feel fuller, so less cravings. Works for me.

All of this. Protein feeds your muscles and you will retain more muscle mass by maintaining a good level of protein while you cut - what counts as high is very debated though - some say 1g of protein per KILO is enough and some say the same but per POUND (which is obviously a lot more). Some say as much as 2.5g per KILO and obviously the chap above is on 1.55g per pound [sorry for the caps but some people just do /not/ listen and assume everything is always pounds...]
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ScottDowell
    ScottDowell Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    High protein diet is very good for health. Protein is macro nutrient necessary for proper of human body. The amount of protein needed per day for women it should be 46 grams and for it should be 56 grams. Some food which is are having full protein are Chicken breast, Fish, Cheese, Pork Loin, Tofu Beans, Egg, Yogurt, Milk etc. are really good for health. Deficiency of protein leads to improper functioning of body.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I'd actually argue there is something "magical" about a high protein diet. ...although Id never use that word.

Well, not abnormally high, but hitting your protein goals is pretty important - and I don't think you would necessarily look the same on a high fat or high carb diet (especially if you didn't hit your protein goals on said diets).

Protein is highly beneficial for retaining lean mass.

I like to set my protein at 1g per lb of my target body weight. That way I don't have to worry about figuring out my lean body mass. It might be a little bit high but I don't mind since I lift weights and am in a hypocaloric state - 2 reasons ppl may need more protein. Also the leaner you are - the more you probably need protein as well.
  • butterbear1980
    butterbear1980 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    OP, curious what you are considering " high protein". Some body builders do like seriously high protein. I think lots of us in maintnence who lift do 1g per # lean mass - 1g/1# body weight. I'm 5'4 and shooting for 140g/day. I don't really consider that high protein rather as adequate protein. High protein, to me, would be slamming egg whites low fat cottage cheese and lean meat to really get those numbers up... not something I'm currently interested in.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I am willing to cut my body fat for the next to month , and I want to minimize muscles loss while cutting by keeping my workout at the same level and following high protein diet .... so what do you think especially about the high protein diet ???

Eat at a deficit
    Get adequate protein, fats
    Lift weights.

Will be the best way to preserve muscle while on a cut.
    But 1 month really isn't that long.
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options

Eat at a deficit
    Get adequate protein, fats
    Lift weights.

Will be the best way to preserve muscle while on a cut.
    But 1 month really isn't that long.

^This. Adequate protein intake becomes more important on a cut due to a caloric deficit, but lifting heavy is just as important to preserve muscle when cutting. Also, any excess protein will be converted into glycogen, so overdoing your protein intake isn't necessary. Most studies show when eating in a deficit for a long period of time, one should aim for 2-2.2g/kg to play it "safe" for muscle sparing. However, one month isn't considered a long period of time. Also, when in a deficit, adequate fat is important for health and hormonal balance.

Your best bet is to aim for adequate protein intake (.86-1g/lbs) and fat intake, and utilize carbs to fuel your workouts.
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I know there is no diff in the cals but protein definitely makes me feel fuller. At this time it's my go to snack - a packet of ham or sliced chicken really does I for me. Plus it's low in cals too.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal makes me feel full. So do root vegetables, and beans pulses and legumes.
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to increase my protein x