5:2 Diet Help

Options
Hi all. Looking for some support with this as im rubbish at sticking to anything. I am off to Florida in 13 weeks and am bridesmaid for my sisters wedding in 20 weeks. I weigh 16 stone and am 5ft 7in so have a good 5 stone to loose.

I last ate at 7pm last night and havent eaten anything since, just drank water and a cup of tea with sweetner and a dash of milk. Am i right in thinking i shouldnt eat until 7pm tonight and then it should only be a 500 cal meal?

Anyone got tips on how to curb these hunger pangs? I have decided to fast on Mon and Wed as these are the days i work so cant physically go and get any food and should be pretty busy.

Looking for a support buddy to keep me going!!!!

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Options
    You really should do some research before starting!

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/how-to-do-the-diet/

It is not a fast weight loss plan, "fast" refers to fasting and not speed. I really hope you are not trying to lose 5 stone (70lbs) in 20 weeks?
  • lindsaystockdale2014
    Options
    I have researched it but theres so many different ways to do the fast day i was checking that i dont eat for 24 hrs then have a 500 cal meal or do i spread the 500 cal throughout the fasting day?

Not looking to loose 5 stone in 20 weeks no (i wish that was possible) but those are my 2 dates to aim towards and give me motivation to keep going.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I have researched it but theres so many different ways to do the fast day i was checking that i dont eat for 24 hrs then have a 500 cal meal or do i spread the 500 cal throughout the fasting day?

whichever works best for you, it doesnt matter.
  • citycoast
    citycoast Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    you can spread the 500 calories over the day if you wish - any time in the 24 hours seems to be acceptable in the reports I read. I did well on it last year and will give it a go again soon.
  • sijomial
    Options
    There are different ways to manage your calorie allowance so yes that is one way. It's not that prescriptive so that's why I assumed you hadn't read the book or watched the documentary.

It's not how I do it, I prefer two meals (lunch & dinner) of about equal size.
  • debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I find it easier to do lunch and dinner as well, but some people have breakfast and dinner. I don't think it matters, just do whatever works best for you. There is a 5:2 group if you want to join it. I've also sent a friend request. Always good to have support, I'm pretty much a newbie to it, I've been on the 5:2 plan for 3 weeks and have found it relatively easy to cope with.

Deb :flowerforyou:
  • lindsaystockdale2014
    Options
    Thanks for your replies people. I will def join the 5:2 group (if i can find it)
    You have only been doing it 3 weeks and lost 15lb Debbie??!! Thats brilliant well done.
    I dont feel too bad actually so far, belly rumbled at around 10am and i thought oh no i can never do this but they have gone now!
  • sijomial
    Options
    I will def join the 5:2 group (if i can find it)
    Here's a link to an active 5:2 group on here.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8005-5-2-fasting
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Here's another link that covers the different types of intermittent fasting. The FAQs there have some great links.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/49-intermittent-fasting

I personally couldn't stick with 5:2. The first fasting day would be okay, but I could never get through the second one. I do a 14 hour fast with a 10 hour eating window every day now, with the same amount of calories per day. I find this to be no problem at all.
  • blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this diet in principle anyway for 3 weeks and have finally seen 4lbs come off! After losing inches and toning up its great to see the scales finally moving (i'm not 'overweight so much as heavier than I would like!) .

I eat normally on Monday, final food at around 7pm then Tuesday, start with a protein shake and banana after gym then rest of the day nothing except 3 cups of coffee with milk (60 cals each) . Next time I eat is breakfast after gym on Weds morning. Eat normally for Weds, last food at around 7pm then same as Tuesday.

Its working for me for now and I plan to stick to it for 6 weeks (week 4 now) before assessing progress and how it makes me feel, After stepping on the scales on Saturday its making me feel pretty darn good! :-) x
  • jemimasmum
    jemimasmum Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I started 5:2 today. Had 500 cals across the day finishing with a protein shake to get me through the evening. Tomorrow will be "normal" and fast again Weds. If all going great I may put in an extra fast day on Sat.
    I'm hoping that focussed bursts will suit me better than current practice of managing 3 or4 days then letting the whole thing crash around me...and pretending it's not my fault...and then not getting straight back on the wagon.
    I'm going to count nonfast days at between BMR and TDEE accoeding to how much exercise I do.
    Feel free to send a FR if profile fits.
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Done my first week if 5:2 :-)