zumba

Options
Hi, I am new to my fitness pal, but love how it is working for me so far. I am starting a zumba class tonight, but there is not a choice of that in the cardio area under exercise. How can i get that information in there for the workout? How many calories do I count for it? Thanks

Replies

• johnsonc16
    Options
    I am starting that next week and would love to know as well, I couldn't find it either!
  • samantha8777
    samantha8777 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I take a Zumba class. I have been using "dancing; modern, aerobic...." for my fitness. I think this is the closest choice. As part of my Zumba class we do the first 45 minutes with the toning stick doing squats, crunches, push ups, leg lifts, ect. I dont know if this part counts towards calories burned.
  • zimagal24
    Options
    samantha- that doesnt seem like enough calories, if you ask me! I read online that most zumba classes are 500-600 calories and this only gives 300 something for 60 minutes. Maybe I will ask the teacher tonight and see what she says, thanks
  • Sohnsearae
    Options
    I do Zumba fitness classes 3 times a week they run about an hour and 10 minutes long. The instructors say you burn between 500 - 600 calories per class, I just created it in the workout section and put the inbetween calorie burning of 550. I love it and recommend the classes for anyone that has problems getting motivated and pushing themselves during a workout. I always go the extra mile during class so I don't look like a fool! Good Luck and feel free to add me as a friend to anyone on here. =o)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I add it as "high impact aerobics" and have seen others do the same.
  • samantha8777
    samantha8777 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I will add it as that next week. I go to a class once a week. We do an hour of dance with about 45 minutes of toning before hand. I love it!
  • zimagal24
    Options
    i went to to zumba class, it was hard, but fun. That day since it was my first and I wasnt totally doing the right thing, my instructor said to put 425 calories for the hour. Normally, she told me 500-600 per hour. yeah!!
  • JennyJH
    JennyJH Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Sounds like Zumba is popular! There are a number of Zumba classes in my area. I wanted to up my exercise intensity next week - I've gone from totally sedentary to taking over the evening dog walk and Salsa class so far - so I think I'll give Zumba a try:smile: