I’m so hungry I could eat a man… HELP!

Options
I need some help. Most days I am okay with eating a normal amount of food. I eat three meals plus two snacks daily—including breakfast, always breakfast. My go-tos foods for a little boost are carrots, cheese (like Babybel or TJ’s minis), and protein shakes.

Other days, like today, I am just really, really hungry. I try to make sure that I eat protein and bring loads of veggies to work. This morning I have had a whole wheat PB sandwich, hard-boiled egg, Quest bar, 365 whey + almond milk protein shake & am still hungry.

All helpful suggestions welcome!

Thank you.

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry, then eat because Maslow

tumblr_lwnr5m6L4u1qmjqdio1_500.jpg

Not sure what else can be said...
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    how do you like your men cooked?
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm bummed about this not being a post about being a man eater.

But I guess if you were a man eater, you wouldn't be so hungry, what with all the steak dinners and all.
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm available... :laugh:
  • SutapaMukherji
    SutapaMukherji Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry, then eat because Maslow

tumblr_lwnr5m6L4u1qmjqdio1_500.jpg

Not sure what else can be said...

Epic Win :love: :love: :love:
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    wood rather eat a woman.
  • amcampbell2342
    amcampbell2342 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Try drinking more water.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Whoa, here she comes! Watch out boy, she'll chew you up! She's a maneater!

HallOates2002.gif
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    691c6c925a725cc0c73c4dbdf8824ed4bf78a636965fe58cfc9fa64f682d0964.jpg
  • rightoncommander
    rightoncommander Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I view the week as a whole, rather than fretting about individual days. Some days with a big workout in, I might get nowhere near my calorie goal, but the next day I'll bust big-style. You have to view these days in context.

If you're hungry, you should probably eat.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I agree with rightoncommander, and I would also suggest tracking your monthly cycles. I used to beat myself up on those "I could eat the world" days until I starting noticing a pattern with my hormonal cycles.

As far as practical advice, try coffee or hot tea, fiberful veggies, and maybe allowing yourself to eat at maintenance today and even it out over the course of the week (or not, just let it go sometimes!).
  • daviddjhonna
    Options
    On a more topic related note. Try adding more water to your diet. Nutritionist note that sometimes it is not really hunger we feel but thirst that gives us that feeling of being hungry. Increase your water and fiber intake. Adding those two will definitly fill you up. You already eat carrots. Try having a glass of water befor each meal and snack then one after. It should make you feel full longer. If that doesnt work then I am at a loss.
  • danfeldman494
    danfeldman494 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I think that we have all been there...

When I'm feeling ravenous, I try to eat what I consider "free" food...basically nonstarchy veggies, strawberries, and watermelon. Strawberries and watermelon are both VERY low in calories, and strawberries are loaded with fiber, which will help fill you up...focus on low calorie, fiber rich foods to fill up on, veggies, veggies, and more veggies!

Good luck!!
  • Timmmy40
    Timmmy40 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I get hungry like this too. It is not every day. I try to ride it out, but I usually end up eating too much on those days. My suggestion is drink some water and when you are done drink some more. This too will pass! Keep Punching!!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    200_s.gif
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    IMO just try to limit the damage and go for the most filling per calorie foods you can think of (veggies, lean protein). Although sometimes only carbs work for me... I eat protein and veggies and it finally stops when I have a bowl of oatmeal or some cereal with milk. Usually it doesn't last more than a day or two at least.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I think that we have all been there...

Nope. No canabilistic tendencies here.
  • RINat612
    RINat612 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I was expecting more GIF's :cry:
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    To actually answer the question... Some days, I just need to eat more. Maybe I've worked out really hard that week, maybe it's hormonal...lots of variances. I just eat maintenance calories for the day (like 2000/2200) and make my extra calories protein/fat - so I'll put 2 tbl of sunflower butter in my protein shake. Eat an extra big portion of steak. Put more oil in my veggies.
  • saynay18
    saynay18 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Mondays are always super hungry days for me. I typically eat more on the weekend, and sleep in late. When Monday morning comes I'm hungrier than usual. I just try to be prepared with lots of healthy food on hand, so I don't turn to something "bad". Drink water, coffee, chew gum....anything to get thru the day without totally blowing it, then back to the normal routine on Tuesday! Good luck!