I need opinions, Does anyone see change?

Options
Ok, so anyone who knows me knows that I am my own worst critic. I've only been cracking down about loosing this weight for about 3 weeks now. I hate pictures because I feel like I can never see change in myself. Hence why I'm posting this...It's only been 3 short weeks so I'm not looking for HUGE changes, and I want 100% honesty. Can anyone see changes, because I can't and it's got me bummed.

[img]http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s443/juliemariemack/My Fitness Pal/pic_zps71daf28c.jpg[/img]

Replies

• gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    I didn't check the photos, but 3 weeks is not really long enough to see much change. Keep at it and you will in time see the differences in your pictures.

ETA: You pictures just popped up - in the different outfits, it's sometimes hard to discern any change.
  • JulieMarieLopez07
    Options
    Yeah well I'm deployed now so I don't have the same outfits..
  • Footballgirl83
    Options
    You're sides looking like they are slimming down, keep it up!
  • gagsdeep20
    Options
    True
    Your love handles are slimming down , carry on what you doing , and check after month or so
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Here's some honesty. Taking comparison pictures a few weeks after starting is just going to leave you frustrated. The process takes longer than that.
  • CFAddict
    CFAddict Posts: 15
    Options
    Here's some honesty. Taking comparison pictures a few weeks after starting is just going to leave you frustrated. The process takes longer than that.

TRUTH!
  • jwarrell1961
    jwarrell1961 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The photo on the right, the one with the shorts, looks to me like you're slightly trimmer. Keep up the good work and really 3 weeks is not long enough to show much of an improvement.
  • SpiritBunny
    SpiritBunny Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Loosing weight takes a lot longer than 3 weeks. Most people loose weight (in approximate order) in there face, arms, breasts, collar bone, legs, love handles and problem areas like tummy are always dead last. There is no such thing as spot reducing (just toning). To loose weight you have to loose it everywhere. Measure yourself monthly is a better indicator of weight loss.
  • CleanUpWhatIMessedUp
    CleanUpWhatIMessedUp Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You look a little slimmer on the sides, but I can't tell if you really are slimmer or if it just looks that way because you're wearing a different outfit.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i would suggest taking pictures every 4-6 weeks at a minimum, and in the same outfit.
  • wooppoow
    wooppoow Posts: 1
    Options
    Whether it's visible or not it seems you lost 8 pounds so you definitely LOST it. Grab 2 big soda bottles and imagine they were on you. Now they aren't. Congrats!

Now - for comparison pics, best is to take the photo wearing the same clothes, same light and same position (preferably head on). The underwear you are wearing in your initial photo looks too small, and it"s creating rolls on your body, or emphasising them. Try wearing something to size, skin tight but easily stretchy. Second photo the angle is really difficult to see whats up as it's pointing down, and the shorts obscure any changes.
  • TminusFitnessN321
    TminusFitnessN321 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Honestly, no... But like most have said, your pics are taken too close together in time. You're obviously in the right track and that said, it'll be fairly quickly and you'll see.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!