Other than yourself, who is your biggest supporter?

Options
amethyst7986
amethyst7986 Posts: 223 Member
This weekend we moved from an apartment on the 3rd floor to a house. In the process my 12 year old daughter kept telling me how proud of me she was that I had lots of energy and looked like I was losing weight. She too, has made changes in her own diet and exercise habits for the better--without anyone asking her too. She drinks more water, less candy/sweets, and will call me at work to see if we can go for a walk when I get home. She's by far my biggest supporter and motivator--when I hear her complimenting me I know that I am doing good and when I see her making those better choices I know that I am helping her.

Who is your biggest supporter?

Replies

• klbaierwalter
    klbaierwalter Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    My husband! He has always been stick-thin, and doesn't have to work out. He works in HVAC so he does a lot of heavy lifting and walking and moving things around all day so his job has him working out. I on the other hand work as a Speech Pathologist in the schools, so yes I am on my feet, but I don't get nearly as much exercise, so I have to exercise outside of work. My husband is always reminding me that I can do this and to stop weighing myself! He also signed up to do a 5k with me in September and to me that is the biggest show of support!
  • HereWeGoAgain7
    HereWeGoAgain7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My husband as well. Not only did he not complain about the changes in diet, but he often goes to my CrossFit class just to cheer me on (he doesn't do the workouts, just stands to the side to cheer). Additionally, he pushes for extra gym time or walks every night to get us moving. He is always telling me how beautiful I am and has been known on occasion to hide the scale. Also, when we go shopping for clothes for me, he has a no tag looking rule. That way I can't see the size that he picked out for me to try on. Turns out he can visualize my size in clothes much better than I can.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    My husband and kids...I know only one, but they all do in their way. My husband defends my logging if someone makes a snide remark, he will weigh things and look up info for me, he goes to the gym with me. He is very supportive as long as we do not discuss facts, he still believes many of the debunked things that others at MFP like to post sometimes. My girls are always complimenting me and asking questions about the gym. My oldest is a little upset that she soon won't be able to steal all my "skinny " clothes, she was worried she would have to return the ones she already got from my closet, but the hubby says when I reach the size I want....a whole new wardrobe is needed.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Definitely my 14 year old daughter. She tells me all the time I look great and she's proud that I'm taking better care of myself. She's visiting with my mom and I texted her pix of me in a size 8 jeans (which was my goal size). I didn't take but 1 second for her call me, she was screaming in the phone how awesome I looked and how she couldn't wait to see me in person. Then she laughed and said "don't be wearing my clothes while I'm gone". LOL not likely, she's 4'10" and weighs 73 lbs, but he was too funny! My SO is a very close second, he tells me all the time that I'm doing awesome and when he cooks, he makes sure I'm okay with what we are having and if it will fit into my macros for the day.
  • Footballgirl83
    Options
    My boyfriend! He has took on healthy eating with me, and is very supportive with my work outs. He also keeps me in line with my eating which I like and need.
  • gitnfit2
    gitnfit2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    For me it is my wife who always tells me how well I am doing and always there to support me in my runs. Have to say sounds like the move was a great NSV for you, and congrats on the new place.
  • amethyst7986
    Options
    For me it is my wife who always tells me how well I am doing and always there to support me in my runs. Have to say sounds like the move was a great NSV for you, and congrats on the new place.

Thank you and yes, the new place is going to be a great thing for us.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    My husband! It is wonderful to have someone who cheers me on in all areas of life, but when it comes to weight loss and fitness it is especially nice to have a likeminded & encouraging partner like him. He's the guy who will make us a huge healthy stir fry with tons of veggies and tofu but still likes to get ice cream together after a busy day of activity. He's awesome.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    My dog
  • blackizbutiful
    blackizbutiful Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    my 6 year old daughter. She is right there on the floor with me. When she gets tired she takes two shower caps and she cheers me on. Sometimes I get winded and wanna stop she starts cheering I find that extra boost. Just yesterday she's laying on me and she says "mommy your belly not so fat now"....lol. I felt soooooooo good
  • MegE_N
    MegE_N Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    My fiance. He points out areas where I'm looking better, laments the loss of my tush/bust, but is always taking me for long walks. I notice after a weekend together, with 5+ mile walks every day, the scale slides down rather quickly over the next week!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend.

He got me a barbell set the other day.

That's so much freakin' cooler than flowers.

We also workout together 3-5 days a week, and cook each other our definition of healthy food.

Tonight... Sword class and a swim while the pork & sweet potatoes cook!

:heart:
  • splashtree2
    splashtree2 Posts: 277
    Options
    My personal trainer and any that likes me to improve or any that makes me noticed that i gained weight, then i usually befriend cause i take it as a help to become better no a critic !!!
  • amethyst7986
    Options
    Definitely my 14 year old daughter. She tells me all the time I look great and she's proud that I'm taking better care of myself. She's visiting with my mom and I texted her pix of me in a size 8 jeans (which was my goal size). I didn't take but 1 second for her call me, she was screaming in the phone how awesome I looked and how she couldn't wait to see me in person. Then she laughed and said "don't be wearing my clothes while I'm gone". LOL not likely, she's 4'10" and weighs 73 lbs, but he was too funny! My SO is a very close second, he tells me all the time that I'm doing awesome and when he cooks, he makes sure I'm okay with what we are having and if it will fit into my macros for the day.

Sweet! Your husband sounds like he really cares about your accomplishments and wants to make your goals successful!
  • amethyst7986
    Options
    My husband! It is wonderful to have someone who cheers me on in all areas of life, but when it comes to weight loss and fitness it is especially nice to have a likeminded & encouraging partner like him. He's the guy who will make us a huge healthy stir fry with tons of veggies and tofu but still likes to get ice cream together after a busy day of activity. He's awesome.

I've never made my own food using tofu, however I do love that it takes on most flavors--I'm in love with the Pad Thai ! Thai cottage-- my mom has me addicted to it!

Great husband you have there! Good luck to you!
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    He got me a barbell set the other day.

That's so much freakin' cooler than flowers.

:heart:

Love it!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    My 17 year old son-he loves to talk fitness with me and tells me I look awesome (for a mom-he's learning!). Three of my girlfriends tell me I look great but we all have different views on exercise/diet so we don't discuss that aspect but we all tell each other how proud we are of each other's efforts.

Sadly, my DH is NOT supportive. He doesn't workout, he eats total crap (and tries to get me to eat it with him more than I'm willing), he tries to make me feel guilty about rolling out of bed early to hit the gym. I just ignore him and keep doing my thing but it sure would be easier if he was along for the ride. I guess I will look good for my next husband though!

Oh! And I get comments from the folks at the gym too-I almost think those are the best!
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options

Sweet! Your husband sounds like he really cares about your accomplishments and wants to make your goals successful!

He's a good boy LOL Last night he came in with little Milky Ways (my favorite) and he said before you say anything - they are fun size "just like you", I'll put then in the freezer and then when you have that extra 100 calories at the end of the night or after you have a great run they will be here. He knows me so well, I love when I see at 8:00 I have "extra" and can have chocolate. He also knows I won't eat them if I don't.
  • TheirEllie82
    TheirEllie82 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My son (the kid I have in a headlock). He is always so proud of me and has even started running with me, we did our first 5k (we walked and ran) together this weekend.
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Husband with no doubt :) He is moving my weights, barbell, bench, stereo as we speak into his "man cave" so that I can make a home office inside the house...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!