Sweet Potato!

Options
ARNJMN
ARNJMN Posts: 43 Member
Hey!
Quick post....

I weigh my sweet potatoes (I eat one about everyday, can't get enough). But, all of the calorie posts in MFP come up a little or a lot different...I noticed this after some research about which one to use for my calorie inputting.

What numbers do you come up with when you log sweet potatoes? (I slice and bake them).

Thanks!

PS: If you want to tell me they are free and I don't have to log them, I am like 100% on board with that ;)

Replies

• artistryrose
    artistryrose Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    There will be days in a row where I eat sweet potatoes with my eggs in the morning....
    But what I tend to do is weigh them before I cook them. I think its like 130g is 110 calories (medium potato) if you have a food scale that would help! I absolutely love mine and use it all the time. But for reference, imagine the whole potato in a cup, if you could squish it down and fit it in to a 1 cup measuring cup, that's about as ballpark as you are gonna get for 130g.... and I'm only using my eyeball expertise here... since i do also love my sweet potatoes!
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    If you are weighing the sweet potato just put in "sweet potato" and use the one that says "Sweet potato - Raw, unprepared (Sweetpotato)" without an asterisk in front of it. Select the 100g from the drop down and put the gram amount in the serving. So if its 150 grams put 1.50. The most closely estimated calorie counter for any item on the foods list are the ones that DO NOT have an asterisk in front of it and the most verifications.
  • ARNJMN
    ARNJMN Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank you both! I appreciate it :) Thank goodness sweet potatoes are good for you.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Thank you both! I appreciate it :) Thank goodness sweet potatoes are good for you.

Yes!! I put one in my diary for today. So yummy. Enjoy your sweet potatoes :)