I am proud that I turned away (blank)....today!

Options
So I'm at work and this nice man on my team came over and brought me a Potbelly Oatmeal chocolate chip cookie......it looked SO good but I knew it was bad! I said "That was SO nice of you but I can't have it"

Glad i turned it away because I looked it up and it was 450 calories!

So today I am proud I made a healthy decision to say no :) What are you proud of today?

Replies

• sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I am glad I passed up the krispie creme donut that had the custard filling....my weakness.
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I turned away everything today! Went to the grocery store and only bought all healthy stuff.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Twinkies and Iced Sugar Cookies
  • dt1060
    dt1060 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Way to go girl! Keep your stamina up cause here comes the rest of the day!! That cookie was like an hour on the treadmill to work off! Yae for you!
  • mixmastermolly
    Options
    My response is very similar to yours. A woman at my work is an AMAZING cook. There was an admin meeting in our building today and she made TONS of food. There was so much leftover that she put it in the lunchroom for everyone else to have some. I resisted and stuck to my packed lunch. Normally I would have taken a little of everything!
  • andcarriesaid
    Options
    Congrats! I am proud that I ate my soup for lunch instead of going to taco bell to get the beefy crunchy burrito with Frito's in it. Its over 500 calories!
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I turned away a soda, be it diet, I swore to only one diet soda a week and I had it last night. I looked down today next to the fridge and there it was staring at me....I thought to myself nope....can't have you until next Tuesday, hahaha. Good job on the cookie though, that was much harder than my soda.
  • InAustin_2011
    Options
    Social eating is so tough! Often people are truly offended / sad when you won't try their ______ (cookie, dessert, dish, etc.).

Congrats on your discipline!

J.
  • ydanice
    Options
    Congrats!! Thats will power
  • typeaimages
    typeaimages Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Soda. I used to kick off every morning with a Mountain Dew. Then I moved to 7up..thinking it was "better"...now I'm on to water. It's been ROUGH...but so far today, no soda!
  • britia1
    britia1 Posts: 21
    Options
    It's my birthday and a woman I work with in an icecream cake, it was left over from a party she had last night. She sent a note to everyone in the office that it was in the freezer. I'm already going out to lunch and dinner, so I'm struggling with keeping my calories below my limit, so I turned it down. It sounded really good too.
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    turned away the honey BBQ tater chips someone left in the breakroom... was ok when the bag wasn't open and then someone opened it and I could smell them when I went in there for lunch... so to avoid the bag for the rest of the day I have been going to another kitchen to get my water refills.
  • Jeanine_Colavecchi
    Jeanine_Colavecchi Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! You all have such good willpower! :)
  • Moma_Do
    Moma_Do Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Today I turned away an apple pie my hubby made last night. I took it to his work so he could eat it. Also I didn't have any last night. It is definitely a trigger food for me and I could eat at least half of the pie if I took just one bite. So YAY me and all of you too!!!
  • kld4239
    kld4239 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I turned away eating more than 26 "Butter Toasted VA Peanuts" :) They are YUMMY!!!
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I gave the left over tub of chocolates in my office to the maintenance team today. And yesterday I threw 5 cold sausages in the bin. That was hard, I love cold sausages
  • leadvocalchick
    leadvocalchick Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm really proud that I turned away pig wings! (yes - I said pig wings!)
  • joleciamichelle
    joleciamichelle Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    This was last night but I'm still proud lol. My roommate and I had friends over and I sat in front of a table full of cookies, chips, dips, wine and juice for two hours, without touching one thing. I had a red pepper and hummus beforehand and drank water while we socialized.
  • Jeanine_Colavecchi
    Jeanine_Colavecchi Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    My response is very similar to yours. A woman at my work is an AMAZING cook. There was an admin meeting in our building today and she made TONS of food. There was so much leftover that she put it in the lunchroom for everyone else to have some. I resisted and stuck to my packed lunch. Normally I would have taken a little of everything!

Work is a really hard place to be sometimes...but once you say "NO thanks" a good 30 times....people stop offering I've noticed haha
  • cbevan
    cbevan Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Today I was offered a slab of home made chocolate cake with chocolate icing.

And I said "No, thanks."

I almost can't believe I said it.