Protein Pancakes/Waffles

Options
hncall01
hncall01 Posts: 152 Member
I've heard people talk about protein pancakes and waffles they make for breakfast and I'm curious as to what recipes and products you all use to make these. Which ones taste the best based off of what you've tried. Any recipes and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Also, can you make a big batch and use some but freeze the rest?

Replies

• mww12
    mww12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have a protein waffle every morning! I freeze them and pop them the toaster like Eggos. I switch up the recipe depending on whether I want more protein (include protein powder) or not, and different flavour combinations (add a bit of cocoa powder, change the flavour of the protein powder, do a cinnamon/nutmeg version, etc...)

I use this as my base: http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-protein-waffles/
  • lindam4
    lindam4 Posts: 10
    Options
    Here is a recipe I use all the time.
    1 scoop protein powder ( I only have pea protein chocolate flavor right now but it does not have a big chocolate taste)
    1/2 mashed banana
    1 egg
    1/4 c blue berries
    3-4 T water to thin it out
    Mix it all up and fry it like you would a pancake.
    I have tried it with no banana and it is a lower carb version and had that last night. I was out of bananas.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup flour
    1 tsp baking soda
    170g Greek yogurt
    1/4 cup protein powder (about 22g)
    1 egg
    Splash of milk
    Fruit of your choice

Love them. About 400 calories and 45g of protein. It's dry without fruit though.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Good way to use protein powder, I'll try this.
  • dragonfly_26
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe ideas!!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    1/2c oats
    1c cottage cheese
    4 eggs
    1t vanilla extract

blend til batter is smooth
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    1 scoop whey
    1 scoop oats
    1 scoop water
    1 egg

no need for a blender, stir & cook, makes 1 big pancake
  • hncall01
    hncall01 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all!! I really appreciate all the ideas and recipes! I'll have to go buy me some protein powder and try some of these out. I'm excited for it! =]